Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did people seriously not think any of those teams would win again? It's always been and will be about what we do.

True, but we could do without our rivals beating the likes of Man United. Especially as it's not a game we would win ourselves.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did people seriously not think any of those teams would win again? It's always been and will be about what we do.

Say we win this week and next week with them not winning. We could be around 2 points to them. If we go in a bad form then with them we winning and it's 5 points, it's still doable.

But when they win and they're much further, even though there is a chance mathematically, mentally would be hard.

That's why teams like Palace not winning their easy games now is affecting them, as they were mentallly on beach, they could find themselves in the relegation battle late on. That's why there are usually midtable teams who get dragged suddenly to the battle.

If we could get near, say 3-4 points to safety. I would definitly give us a good chance as we were down there for a while and we've released the pressure.

Releasing the pressure is not only by performances or results. But also to how near you get from other teams.

What hurted us earlier in the season apart from Tactical problem was we weren't prepared for the battle. As soon as we found ourselves in the bottom three we started getting pressure.

Then we found ourselves bottom of the league (which we aren't used to). To get back we've needed to build the team and arrange it which Garde has done.

We all know that no team will stay up on 20+. But we all hope that needing as less points as possible to stay. That won't come with teams winning earlly. Every week with other teams losing and us gaining points on them is a bonus for us.

If Newcastle lose now, and we win tomorrow. Then as long as we get a point on them every two weeks. We could be above them before playing them.

It's a very hard task, we all know.

But this thread is about us in the relegation race. As long as we have a chance we will discuss it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jasoncb said:

Looking at Norwich's remaining fixtures I can't see them getting more than 6 points.

There is another thing about them. They're suffering mentally, after Liverpool and now this. Plus they had a very bad run.

They were on 23 with Bournemouth around 20 or 19. I think they've won once after winning against us then lost all. All of these factors could help.

Swansea getting back on a losing streak would only help. They have some hard fixtures coming on. Hopefully Leicester win tomorrow or atleast draw so they could hold on their confidence before playing our rivals.

There are two teams that are really in a bad runs, Norwich and Palace.

The latter have much more points which could see them safe. But they have a tricky fixture next week with WBA, I think the loser would suffer.

Newcastle now got worse goal difference than us, 3-0 and -21.

Edit: And what do I say about the Newcastle back 5 week in week out....run at them with pace and you score goals as Chelsea have ruthlessly shown so far.

Just find it incredible they spent god knows how much and didn't sign a single defender.

Edited by VillaChris

The Sunderland result actually changes nothing, safety is still 8 points away. 

Teaks above us won't lose every game, they will get some results. We just need to do better than 3 of them over 13 games :)

I was a bit concerned at 2:45pm this afternoon, even more so after seeing Norwich were leading....

Now though...

Bournemouth lost

Swansea lost

Norwich held to a draw after 2-0 up

Newcastle getting spanked after 20 mins....

Not sure there is that much more we can ask for really.

1 minute ago, NulliSecundus said:

I was a bit concerned at 2:45pm this afternoon, even more so after seeing Norwich were leading....

Now though...

Bournemouth lost

Swansea lost

Norwich held to a draw after 2-0 up

Newcastle getting spanked after 20 mins....

Not sure there is that much more we can ask for really.

3 points against Liverpool 

Â