Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

12 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Good news that Liverpool lost tonight in the 120th +1 minute. Will affect them mentally and physically. Things like this might give us the edge.

not really a full strength team sadly :(

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not really a full strength team sadly :(

Nah was a piss weak team. Wont affect them. What it did do is make Benteke even more hated.. and hopefully that means he wont play against us. Which would be nice. Hate to see him score against us at home. You just know it will happen if he plays.

My clearest memory of this is Chelsea. I remember twice they were struggling. I clearly remember two seperate games where Anelka and Torres ffs ripped us apart. Oh, and Soldado with Spurs...oh, and Hernandez who couldn't get a kick for United at the time.

Edited by rodders0223

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

My clearest memory of this is Chelsea. I remember twice they were struggling. I clearly remember two seperate games where Anelka and Torres ffs ripped us apart. Oh, and Soldado with Spurs...oh, and Hernandez who couldn't get a kick for United at the time.

Any striker who's ever been struggling has found form against us. Remember Diego Forlan? Didn't score for most of the season and was ridiculed for it, until United played us.

benteke is scoring at the weekend if he plays

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Federico Macheda

42 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Harry Kane last season as well

Just looking at our remaining fixtures:

• Liverpool (Home)
  • Stoke (Away)
  • Everton (Home)
  • Man City (Away)
  • Spurs (Home)
  • Swansea (Away)
  • Chelsea (Home)
  • Bournemouth (Home)
  • Man Utd (Away)
  • Southampton (Home)
  • Watford (Away)
  • Newcastle (Home)
  • Arsenal (Away)

Games in bold - I think we can expect to get a result from, but I just can't see us making up 8 points on the rest of the pack.

I still believe we are down.  However, we don't need to make up 8 points on 'the pack'.  Just on Newcastle.  We need 4 on Sunderland and 7 on Norwich, plus the nature of everyone's goal difference being almost identical means that if we were to make up the points, we would by default then have the better goal difference, unless we get an absolute mauling at some point between now and May.  There is a glimmer and only a glimmer.  Here's hoping it's still there at 4pm on Sunday.

Â