Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Its at home guys. Thats a huge huge plus under Garde.

I would go by the same formation against Norwich.

Hopefully Gestede would be fit for the bench.

He got two against them at their place as well, good option to come off the bench.

We're still relying on 3 teams to have terrible results, while we win.   Just too much would have to go our way now.  Norwich was good, but you know - Norwich.

Then again...until now every crap team (bar us) has unexpectedly beaten the 'big' teams.  We look like we can compete too so who knows. This season has been so mental...

One game at a time now...

Confidence and belief are funny things. Just look at Leicester this season, yes I know they've got a lot of quality but without the team spirit, confidence and belief they wouldn't be where they are. Likewise Man City, a massively expensive squad without that team spirit are not where they should be. 

A win over Liverpool and we might just go on a bit of a run. Players play without pressure when they've got nothing to lose and that's where we are now. 

Ofcourse as Leicester had many of their starting line-up last season. Especially their goal scorers and assists providers.

Well I couldnt say they havent improved in terms of defence and midfield. Especially Kante and Drinkwater.

Game by game.. Theres no way of predicting the results this season.. We can think Sunderland may lose 10 games or so.. but you just never know. For all we know West Brom wont win a game for the rest of the season and go down. (i hope people bring this post up after it came true!)

So all we can do is take it game by game like we did with Norwich. Lets see if we can beat Liverpool and see what results came of it after this round. At least some HOPE has been restored. As well as the confidence. Look at Chelsea.. no confidence with such a great squad and they are not even in the top 10. 

having watched the game on Saturday you have to say there were two very poor teams and as much as i and everyone else on here wants us to stay up, i just cant see it. Yes we have improved at the back (could have easily conceded two on Sat) We do not have enough goals in us. The failure to get a striker in the Jan transfer window may come back to haunt us.

I believe we can catch Norwich and Sunderland, but its 17th spot that will be the trouble. Newcastle have a very winable set of results and cant see us bettering them. So comes down to catching one of Swansea 11 points ahead Bornemouth 12 or West Brom 13. All three have some very tricky fixtures. But just think it is to much of an ask.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kieranmberry said:

I believe we can catch Norwich and Sunderland, but its 17th spot that will be the trouble. Newcastle have a very winable set of results and cant see us bettering them. So comes down to catching one of Swansea 11 points ahead Bornemouth 12 or West Brom 13. All three have some very tricky fixtures. But just think it is to much of an ask.

You seem to forget we ourselves have tricky fixtures thats why we are not staying up. We still have Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Spurs, United, Everton and Chelsea 

The baggies will sink like a stone, they are firmly in the toilet now. I think that they will *just* scrape enough points. 37/38 maybe.

Regards Newcastle, somebody made a brilliant point over the weekend. If we are going to catch them then we will almost certainly have to beat them. In doing so the gap is then 5 points from the remaining fixtures.

We are fairly evenly matched at the moment where it counts, on the pitch. So that is a tough ask, because we will need to improve even further. However, a deflected 90th minute winner off Sakho's arse cheek and a comfortable Chelsea win at the weekend and its not looking quite so "impossible" all of a sudden.

Football is a funny old game. I'm not ready to give up, as prepared as I always am to be disappointed by The Villa. At this stage I'll take going into our last two games needing to win them both.

Fight fight whoever you may be, we are the boys of the Holte army...

• Like 2

FYI Newcastle need to play;

Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Leicester, Sunderland and Tottenham as well as Us, Bournemouth, Swansea and Norwich who all have something to play for, obviously. Oh and Stoke, as we do.

I wouldn't have said their fixtures are any easier than our own. Harder perhaps, IMO.

Â