Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

1 minute ago, useless said:

I'm glad Arsenal are winning, hopefully they can finish the job in the second half. I think we can catch Bournemouth and if we do we'll survive.

I think Norwich are buggered but Bournemouth and Sunderland have goals in them in Afobe and Defoe, which is why I think we will really struggle to overhaul them.  It's a shame Swansea have picked up as they looked catchable for a while.  Still, a win against Liverpool and I will start to believe.

If we pick up anything next week, then the week after (27th) is an excellent opportunity to gain ground on the rest, you would expect Sunderland, Norwich, Swansea and Bournemouth all to lose that weekend. Could realistically be 4 or even 2 points from safety in 2 games time.

10 minutes ago, mwj said:

If we pick up anything next week, then the week after (27th) is an excellent opportunity to gain ground on the rest, you would expect Sunderland, Norwich, Swansea and Bournemouth all to lose that weekend. Could realistically be 4 or even 2 points from safety in 2 games time.

See, this is the problem.  Whilst we hope that happens, nothing is certain.  Just look at Sunderland against Liverpool yesterday. We're still in the shit I'm afraid.   

Some said that Leicester were only 5 points to safety, yet theyve only picked 2 from their next 5 to be 7 to safety with 9 to go.

Im not saying we are a better team than Leicester especially up front. But I was just mentioning it in terms of points.

If we get anything above 3 points from the next 4 we would be better than Leicester in terms of points, although with a bad fixtures.

So a bonus win against Liverpool would make 5 wins after that could mak us stay. Which we had done last season.

Some said that Leicester were only 5 points to safety, yet theyve only picked 2 from their next 5 to be 7 to safety with 9 to go.

Im not saying we are a better team than Leicester especially up front. But I was just mentioning it in terms of points.

If we get anything above 3 points from the next 4 we would be better than Leicester in terms of points, although with a bad fixtures.

So a bonus win against Liverpool would make 5 wins after that could mak us stay. Which we had done last season.

I hope we are better off than Leicester were with 9 games to go. We need to be within 5 IMO, for reasons you've mentioned.

See, this is the problem.  Whilst we hope that happens, nothing is certain.  Just look at Sunderland against Liverpool yesterday. We're still in the shit I'm afraid.   

It's not the only problem tbf, it requires beating Liverpool at home and Stoke away. Although you could argue there's no better time to be playing those 2 given recent form...

Will we get anything from Liverpool? Probably not. Except we did pull that draw out against City last year. And other than a silly sending off at West Ham, were actually looking in bloody decent form in the PL of late. Throw in the return of some players from injury, Liverpool's form and, well.. Will we get anything from Liverpool? Why the hell not.

I look at our list of fixture in the run in and I can't see where the points are going to come from. But anything could happen and while there is a whiff of a chance, count me in. Let's do this!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Will we get anything from Liverpool? Probably not. Except we did pull that draw out against City last year. And other than a silly sending off at West Ham, were actually looking in bloody decent form in the PL of late. Throw in the return of some players from injury, Liverpool's form and, well.. Will we get anything from Liverpool? Why the hell not.

I look at our list of fixture in the run in and I can't see where the points are going to come from. But anything could happen and while there is a whiff of a chance, count me in. Let's do this!

on current form Liverpool be wondering if they can get anything off Villa ;)

• Like 3

I can see us scoring against Liverpool, remains to be seen we can keep a clean sheet against them. Requires Gueye in beast form and no nerves at the back. I got a bad feeling about Westwood being caught in possession to much.

Can't believe I'm going to say this again - I still think we can do it. And I was devastated and had given up after the West Ham game.

Looking at the table and the fixtures, I don't see us catching Swansea or Bournemouth unless either has a major collapse now. On the flip side though, I can see us catching Sunderland and Norwich. The tricky one is Newcastle - they have the squad and could easily go on a run of winning 3-4 games.

But, we are only 8 points behind them, imagine if we won this weekend against Liverpool, and Sunderland, Norwich and Newcastle all lost. That would put us 1 point behind Sunderland, 4 behind Norwich and 5 behind Newcastle. Bearing in mind we play Newcastle in the second last game of the season, as long as we could catch up 2 more points on Norwich by then, if we beat Newcastle when we play them, then we would be in contention on the last day of the season. As someone said earlier, you would probably accept being in contention on the last game of the season.

So to be clear, to be in contention last game of the season, we need to -

1) Catch up 2 points on Sunderland

2) Catch up 5 points on Norwich

3) Catch up 2 points on Newcastle and then beat them in the second last game of the season

Someone above said that they would accept having to go to Arsenal and win to stay up - the above scenario would require us to win and everyone else to lose on the last day of the season, which is not ideal.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we just need to better everyone else's results once or twice in the next 10 games or so, and then match them the rest, We don't necessarily need to win all of our remaining games, it all depends what everyone else does.

A win against Liverpool with other results going our way will put us back in the mix. Come on Villa, don't let me down again!

• Like 2

I thought Gabby and Ayews combination would be the best we had *apart from Benteke*.

I know that Gabby isnt consistent and lacks a lot of things. But hes still useful, I really think we missed especially in some away games this season.

He is a better CF than Ayew, could be more useful the Kozak and Gestede in certain games.

I think if we go down we need to have hin around, but hopefully he click on and help us staying up.

I think with Ayew we might have had more chances but I think a midfield of 5 might be better against Liverpool. Well Gestede in the bench would only help.

Â