Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I can hardly see the board sacking Garde if we mount a fightback like that and only just go down.

I wouldn't be surprised by the board doing anything right now. I'm happy we got another win but I am still bothered by the board restricting finances in the transfer window.

I'd be intrigued if anyone comes up with a formula that has us staying up without beating Newcastle at home.

For me that simply is a game we have to win so if you bank on us doing and add the 3 points now then the task is much better, 5 points off Newcastle with 12 games to go.

They still have many tough fixtures home and away left but we simply must capitalise on weekends when they lose whoever we're playing otherwise the gap will just stay as it is and the games will run out.

I'd be intrigued if anyone comes up with a formula that has us staying up without beating Newcastle at home.

For me that simply is a game we have to win so if you bank on us doing and add the 3 points now then the task is much better, 5 points off Newcastle with 12 games to go.

They still have many tough fixtures home and away left but we simply must capitalise on weekends when they lose whoever we're playing otherwise the gap will just stay as it is and the games will run out.

This basically. Though don't be too surprised to see the Baggies dragged into this, my normally positive Baggies supporting mate reckons they will only limp over the line. No confidence, no quality, no energy. They are where we were a little over a month ago.

If we did well to be only one point to safety, I dont think it was due the window as we will catch teams who people were saying that theyve worked pretty well. It will be us only getting 8 points in the first round.

Although Im not saying we shouldnt have gone to get a striker as we definitly needed a good one.

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

I was feeling almost optimistic until I saw our fixtures. Good grief :blink:

Our run of fixtures from the end of December to now was our window of opportunity. Newcastle, West Ham, Norwich, Sunderland, Palace, Leicester, West Brom, Man City, West Ham and Norwich. Drew 4 Won 2 Lost 4. 

VillaChris.

Thats if it was only Newcastle, although there is a good chance that could go in a bad run, I think Swansea and especially West Brom are due to one. If West Brom didnt collect points in the next couple of games I think they will be in trouble soon. Bournmouth on the other hand are doing good, yet a couple of bad resluts could drag them back.

A win next week and I would say we are definitly back to the race.

Newcastle are one point more than Hull at this stage last season, who relegated on 35 I think.

Anyway we need 12-16 points from the next 9 games to have a chance. Which I think its doable.

8 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

VillaChris.

Thats if it was only Newcastle, although there is a good chance that could go in a bad run, I think Swansea and especially West Brom are due to one. If West Brom didnt collect points in the next couple of games I think they will be in trouble soon. Bournmouth on the other hand are doing good, yet a couple of bad resluts could drag them back.

A win next week and I would say we are definitly back to the race.

Newcastle are one point more than Hull at this stage last season, who relegated on 35 I think.

Anyway we need 12-16 points from the next 9 games to have a chance. Which I think its doable.

12?!?! 

16 would see us relegated too, but 12 will see us go down bottom. we have 10 points from last 10, 8 from the last 6. we'd need to take 16 from the last 13 to make it close. I see us finishing on 29-34 max myself. which compared to the first half of the season will be a minor miracle anyway.

This basically. Though don't be too surprised to see the Baggies dragged into this, my normally positive Baggies supporting mate reckons they will only limp over the line. No confidence, no quality, no energy. They are where we were a little over a month ago.

They are truly diabolical, they managed to fluke a few 1-0's early on though which should see them through.

6 minutes ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

Pipedream I know. But imagine beating Newcastle last home game to be safe and relegate them.

How much would they hate us then 

Don't think I could cope with the tension of that scenario TRS. Tell you what though how many of us would take that right now if we could take it to the last day? I certainly would!  We can hope can't we?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I would. Sacking Garde would make absolutely no sense and isn't even remotely likely if we go on the sort run that would see us only just go down.

Garde resigning due to lack of support is what I'm worried about.

Garde walking might be more likely but I currently have zero faith in our board. I can see them making a decision that makes zero sense, for instance signing not a single player this past window.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

42 points, where on earth you get that figure from.

On today's evidence Norwich will struggle to get another 10 points this season and Sunderland are only 4 points ahead of us.

If we can get to 36 points somehow we have a good chance of staying up.

*****Breaking News**** 3 teams get relegated.

I can't see any team above and including Newcastle getting less than 40+ points, personally.

28 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Garde walking might be more likely but I currently have zero faith in our board. I can see them making a decision that makes zero sense, for instance signing not a single player this past window.

I have no faith in them either but that doesn't mean they'd sack him if we went on a run of form like that. It just wouldn't happen.

To be honest, I've never got this "the board make silly decisions therefore every potential silly decision is possible" argument.

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

12?!?! 

16 would see us relegated too, but 12 will see us go down bottom. we have 10 points from last 10, 8 from the last 6. we'd need to take 16 from the last 13 to make it close. I see us finishing on 29-34 max myself. which compared to the first half of the season will be a minor miracle anyway.

I wasnt talking about the whole 13 games though. 

I was saying the next 9 games. 12 points would put 28 with 4 to go.

The if we could do a Wigan by winning 3 out of Southampton Watford Newcastle Arsenal. We could have a chance by then.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I have no faith in them either but that doesn't mean they'd sack him if we went on a run of form like that. It just wouldn't happen.

To be honest, I've never got this "the board make silly decisions therefore every potential silly decision is possible" argument.

I do want to believe in survival and the board not being complete numpties but my optimism guage is currently set at 'glass doesn't come into it, pass me the bottle'.

Hopefully a few more days like today bring back the optimist in me.

1 hour ago, supernova26 said:

*****Breaking News**** 3 teams get relegated.

I can't see any team above and including Newcastle getting less than 40+ points, personally.

Trust me if ourselves, Norwich and Sunderland all struggle to get much above 30 points some of the clubs above will ease off once they hit 35 points.

Â