Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Still 90 points available so I'm not worried yet about relegation. We have half a new squad, most with no prem experience with potentially the wrong manager in charge but only 8 games in so luckily we have plenty of time to turn things around. With Fox calling the shots rather than Faulkner and the riches at stake I don't think Tim will be around much longer if his excuses and our poor form continue. 

Surely with the right man in charge our squad can muster 40+ plus points ? 

I feel our struggles are due to lack of consistency at all levels basically,

The defence continues to change every week which in my knowledge is always going to result in goals conceded. A settled defence is a tight defence usually and we are the polar opposite and have been for the last goodness knows how long. Also conflicting messages & ambiguity are bad ingredients in any organisation and we are riddled with both. Play well (eg Grealish) and you're likely dropped for the next game. 

What i cling to is that we are only losing games by the odd goal so a bit of tightening up, consistency, more game time to gel and learn languages etc (Although that excuse is wearing a bit thin now) and if we start to actually play our best players (Adama & Grealish for example) and start to drop the ones who are not performing (Lescott, Guzan, Westwood, Gabby etc), get the squad a bit fitter (although it's like 2 months too late for that isn't it?) and stop giving out confusing ambiguous comments (Yes you Sherwood) then we might just start to turn odd goal losses into a few draws & wins.

That's an awful lot of stuff to happen though & i cannot see us turning any corners until virtually all of that is addressed.

Not looking promising though i live in some kind of blindly patriotic hope (or stupidity if you like)

With Allardyce now taken, I'm considerably more worried about our prospects than I was. Now the obvious saviour is gone even if we do pull the trigger.

Really worried now, Sunderland were one of the teams we were relying on being worse than us and their chances just got a lot better. 

I'm not gutted we've not got him as much as I am worried they have... How is it possible to be in this horrible position so early in the season?! 

Just to add as well, there are so many shit aspects as to why were in this position! Nothing is going our way and we don't even have the "it will be OK when Benteke starts firing" ace that we've been able to play in previous seasons. It might even be too late for Randy to splash the cash in Jan a la the Bent purchase too! 

Edited by KitKat

Tim Krul ruled out injured for rest of season is an interesting one....apparently their second choice Darlow is also injured, do they even have a third keeper or is just a youth team keeper?

Guess they'll try and sign someone on loan or out of contract but not a great position for a side that rarely keeps clean sheets to be in.

Even if they pot McClaren I think they'll be keeping us company down here for a while. Poor squad.

I think we will be all but down after we bend over and let chelsea give us a good drumming.

If Sunderland and Newcastle pick up points then I agree. 

We could well be bottom of the table once the weekend is over. That'll be it for Sherwood.

I still believe that our squad is better than at least 3 teams. Sadly we have a Manager unable to extract that potential due to his own limitations. 

I'd agree that at the moment we look nailed on to go down, but a change of Manager, and more importantly getting the right manager in could see us to safety. 

In previous seasons the likes of Sunderland and Leicester have been as short as 1/50 to go down before turning things around, with imo worse squads than our own. There is still a very long way to go, the key is, how long we leave it before we sack Tim, and who we bring in to replace him. I don't think it's to hyperbole to suggest that the decisions made over the next couple of weeks could determine our future. 

I still believe that our squad is better than at least 3 teams. Sadly we have a Manager unable to extract that potential due to his own limitations. 

I'd agree that at the moment we look nailed on to go down, but a change of Manager, and more importantly getting the right manager in could see us to safety. 

In previous seasons the likes of Sunderland and Leicester have been as short as 1/50 to go down before turning things around, with imo worse squads than our own. There is still a very long way to go, the key is, how long we leave it before we sack Tim, and who we bring in to replace him. I don't think it's to hyperbole to suggest that the decisions made over the next couple of weeks could determine our future. 

I actually think we have a squad as good as leicester its just we are really under performing under a clueless manager. he cost us the game at leicester with some truely awful tactical decisions and subs. He talks a good game does Sherwood but unlike other big players in mangement he cant back it up

Plenty more games to come.  At this point and despite everything, I can't bring myself to believe there won't be 3 worse sides than us over the course of the season.  (Even typing this I feel deluded).

Need Timmy Two Games gone though.  It will be very, very grim till Christmas, but what happens through Jan and Feb looks like it will decide it.

anybody still think we'll stop up? I think we are totally nailed on to go down

Depends on how long we intend to keep Sherwood if we are keep him long term definitely going down. If we get Rodgers or Moyes I think we will stay up and finish mid table where we should be at the moment

Â