Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

We should start some form of sweepstakes, guessing where the players will go once we're inevitably relegated. And yes, for me, it is inevitable this year.

Grealish feels like a Spurs signing, Gil back abroad, Traore maybe Palace, Richards a newly promoted side, Gana off to Everton. Amavi could head to a decent Spanish team as a guess. We're stuck with Lescott, Hutton, Gestede, Gabby. Guzan, Westwood and Clark will give it a year to see if we come back at first attempt but then head to newly promoted sides if/when we don't. Bacuna, Ayew, Veretout probably all go abroad. Sherwood is now a pundit and Wilkins leaves football after failing to keep us up after taking over for last ten games.

Worryingly, take away Gil, Grealish, Traore and Gana from our squad and I wouldn't be confident we wouldn't be fighting a reegation battle in the Championship.

If we do lose all these upcoming games....say the next 6 (and I don't think we will) we'd be approximately 10 points adrift based on 14 games played and 40 points being the projected safety total. The team above the relegation zone having 14 points. That's 10 points adrift from safety btw. 

Edited by supernova26

Chelsea are in desperate trouble , they almost lost to a shit Newcastle team so if we were to go there and be beat convincingly then the board has to act.

As shown in this thread our results since the 6-1 defeat at Soton have been abysmal I'd add also that we didn't look very good in any of the pre season games

Looking at Hull's squad would suggest that probably quite a few non-star players would stick around. Of current first-teamers, I reckon we could see Guzan / Okore / Clark / Bacuna / Hutton / Crespo / Westwood / Gardner / Gabby / Kozak / Gestede in a season in the Championship. Selling the rest would give quite a pot, so with judicious purchases there's the basis of a good Championship team there. 

No need to worry about selling or buying anyone as we have the perfect squad for a mid table Championship push already.

If we are really really lucky we might make the playoffs, just not with Sherwood in charge, might be a good time for Lambert to come back  ; (

It'd be nice to see the same team sheet for a stretch of time. For me, I'd go with:

---------------------------Guzan--------------------------

Hutton---------Richards-------Clark----------Amavi

--------------Gana----------------Veretout--------------

Adama-----------------Gil---------------------Grealish

----------------------Gestede-----------------------------

Is this lineup relegation fodder?

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 3

Loving that Maqroll team above. We would still lose games but at least we'd have gone down fighting and given the fans some excitement.

I think that team would win more often than we have been used to recently! 

• Like 1

It'd be nice to see the same team sheet for a stretch of time. For me, I'd go with:

Thats a squad he should play and stick with. Yes we may lose a couple, but they will only get better. Id probably swap Traore for Ayew and change around 60 for Traore when teams are getting tired. But if we can see it why can't Sherwood??

• Like 2

Thats a squad he should play and stick with. Yes we may lose a couple, but they will only get better. Id probably swap Traore for Ayew and change around 60 for Traore when teams are getting tired. But if we can see it why can't Sherwood??

I'm not sticking up for him before anyone jumps down my throat, but have all those players bwen fit at the same time as yet?

I'm not sticking up for him before anyone jumps down my throat, but have all those players bwen fit at the same time as yet?

Fit yes, but obviously not Sherwood fit.

Â