Adama Traore

mwj

45 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

even than other team need to put two or three players around him. Which would give Ayew and the others a chance to have more spaces.

This.

This is why I suggested trying Sinclair again in the Sinclair thread when Traore returns. Sinclair on one wing, Traore on the other.

Sinclair because he looks most likely of all our players to take advantage of that space that Traore can create.

We also then have a goal threat from both wings and CM if we play Bacuna there. Not to mention the threat from Agbonlahor and Gil.

1 minute ago, Michael118 said:

This.

This is why I suggested trying Sinclair again in the Sinclair thread when Traore returns. Sinclair on one wing, Traore on the other.

Sinclair because he looks most likely of all our players to take advantage of that space that Traore can create.

We also then have a goal threat from both wings and CM if we play Bacuna there. Not to mention the threat from Agbonlahor and Gil.

I'm not really sure wether you mean before Ayew coming back or not.

I might play Sinclair against Stoke as there is no Ayew there. I won't play Gil btw. Too risky to begin all of this at Stoke for example.

I agree with the Bacuna part. I might consider putting him instead of Westwood. Him and Veretout with Gana behind them. That's a pacey front 5.

Before Ayew comes back but maybe after also if it's successful. I think Gil is our best player and needs to play every match.

This is the line up I am thinking of:

Richards Okore Lescott Cissokho

Traore Bacuna Gueye Sinclair

Gil

Agbonlahor

Despite his uncanny burst of pace, I have never really understood this signing.

when I look at some of the players we should have signed and missed out on, it makes it more bizarre to me.

maybe in the fullness of time I will come to understand it.;)

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

This.

I stopped reading at 'This is why I suggested trying Sinclair again'

No. Just no. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

One of those players, Adama Traore, is understood to have signed a deal which will see his wages rise to over £90,000 a week over the course of his contract. Traore was signed from Barcelona for £7 million in August and will be entitled to a staggering pay increase in his third season. Though the 20-year-old is likely to have a relegation clause in his contract and will be available this summer, the clauses in the deal underline the problems Hollis has faced since his arrival.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12169470/New-chairman-Steve-Hollis-to-put-Aston-Villa-chiefs-in-the-dock.html

Didn't he say a few months ago it was something around 70k? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think as the article suggests, the figures will be a moot point.  There will be conditions around that contract.  We won't know them but we can hazard a guess that the league we are playing in will feature prominently.  As such, I don't think Traore is one of our problems at the moment.  If anything we should be thankful if we manage to hold on to him in the summer because I think his attributes, however raw they might be, would be a huge asset in the Championship.

He would bend the Championship over and have his dirty way with it.

I'd be hugely excited if we hold onto him in the summer.

another that im not actually that fussed if we sold him

i think he's really hit and miss, our most exciting player because we simply have so many shit ones, he needs a lot of coaching, if we sack garde and get a championship special english dinosaur in then im not convinced he'll get it, he's either injury prone or got something going on behind the scenes

the £90k a week stuff makes absolutely no sense given that we've apparently put everyone else on pay cuts in the championship, even giving some players new 5 years deals in order to get those cuts in

a bid of around £8m and i'd take it

On 2/14/2016 at 12:04, TRO said:

Despite his uncanny burst of pace, I have never really understood this signing.

when I look at some of the players we should have signed and missed out on, it makes it more bizarre to me.

maybe in the fullness of time I will come to understand it.;)

In the summer I think Sherwood wanted a fast wide player and it was Aaron Lennon or Adama for 7m and roughly the same wages 40 - 50k

And I expect the transfer committee decided Adama had more resale value.

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

another that im not actually that fussed if we sold him

i think he's really hit and miss, our most exciting player because we simply have so many shit ones, he needs a lot of coaching, if we sack garde and get a championship special english dinosaur in then im not convinced he'll get it, he's either injury prone or got something going on behind the scenes

the £90k a week stuff makes absolutely no sense given that we've apparently put everyone else on pay cuts in the championship, even giving some players new 5 years deals in order to get those cuts in

a bid of around £8m and i'd take it

He is going to rip the Championship a new ********. Raw as **** but I think he could be the difference of mid table and going up. £8m falls into insignificance.

• Like 1

Tend to agree.  The guy is injured for the rest of the season, so I think he will be with us until January at least.  Cant see (m)any clubs taking a 8m punt in the summer?  He's only had 60 odd minutes playing time?  Same goes for Amavi, needs to recover first before getting his move.

They will destroy the Championship.  It's Vital we keep them for the first part of next season.  

Grealish and Garnder to get their chance too.  It's still a very, very bad situation, but this is my only glimmer of positivity.

Edited by lloydxmas

14 minutes ago, lloydxmas said:

Tend to agree.  The guy is injured for the rest of the season, so I think he will be with us until January at least.  Cant see (m)any clubs taking a 8m punt in the summer?  He's only had 60 odd minutes playing time?  Same goes for Amavi, needs to recover first before getting his move.

They will destroy the Championship.  It's Vital we keep them for the first part of next season.  

Grealish and Garnder to get their chance too.  It's still a very, very bad situation, but this is my only glimmer of positivity.

Unless he's picked up another injury he should be back very soon 

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

A bit like Barcelona did to us when they sold him to us.

Even at 19 you can see hes not good enough to play in their squad. Maybe buy back and sell on IF he performs. Hes certainly good enough for us!

4 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

He has a clause in his contract allowing a get out should we be relegated.

There's more chance of me playing for Villa than Adama next season.

I've been saying this all along.

Will get at least 10million + for him though. 

Source?

Â