Adama Traore

mwj

14 minutes ago, ermie123 said:

Absolute bollocks!  Adebyore would been a complete waste!  Now is not the time for tippy tappy stick him in and tell him to try and score at every opportunity!!!

So that's the problem. We haven't being trying to tell them to score at every opportunity.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

There could be a lot worse shouts than sticking him up front. Why not?

Fwiw I don't think we'd be anywhere near the position were in with adebayor, townsend and lennon. 

Not that I'd really want those players. Just that we'd have a bit more balance and they are a damn sight better than the dross we've currently got. 

Adebayor would at least give us a focal point. 

We'd be much better off with Adebayor, but what can you do? God intervened. 

• Like 1

Just now, r1hvy said:

Why are we not seeing more of this guy?

He's not really a team-player. I wouldn't mind seeing what he could to further up in a partnership with say Ayew. I think he would cause a lot of havoc to defenders and his selfishness isn't as much an issue in a striking position. We're obviously lacking that finishing edge, are in a crap position so why not really?

Just now, osmark86 said:

He's not really a team-player. I wouldn't mind seeing what he could to further up in a partnership with say Ayew. I think he would cause a lot of havoc to defenders and his selfishness isn't as much an issue in a striking position. We're obviously lacking that finishing edge, are in a crap position so why not really?

I agree, he's looked dangerous when hes been on the pitch!

2 hours ago, ermie123 said:

Imagine how many free kicks he would get and we might even get a penalty!  Laying it off to a team-mate?  Like who there is only Ayew!  The rest have not got a clue what do in the box! 

You've missed the point.

I mean playing a one two. Lay it off to Gil or veretout or anyone, then make a run and let them play you in. With somebody with Adama's pace that would be a fairly easy ball to play. At the moment he's only passing it as a last resort at which point he's not in a position to make a run, so we're relying on him beating a few players at the same time. Which he might do every now and then but it will be rare, especially once teams have figured him out. So the former would be much more consistent.

I'm actually not against sticking him up front. It might work, and it would be lest costly than having him on the wing if he's not performing.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

Don't get me wrong, he makes Gabby look like a snail, but lets not go there we have had ten years debate on that one.

Right now, he should be in the Circus.

Seriously,

He has so much to learn, I'm not sure what you do with him, or if he will manage to learn it.

another 7 mill gamble.....the mind boggles.

I'm hoping no-one seriously expects Adama to learn to pass. He has absolutely no intention to pass the ball when he gets it. None. He'll never change.

So, I agree with those saying he should be played up front, so that he doesn't face too many defenders when he tries to go forward by himself.

On 30/11/2015, 19:47:06, Stevo985 said:

You've missed the point.

I mean playing a one two. Lay it off to Gil or veretout or anyone, then make a run and let them play you in. With somebody with Adama's pace that would be a fairly easy ball to play. At the moment he's only passing it as a last resort at which point he's not in a position to make a run, so we're relying on him beating a few players at the same time. Which he might do every now and then but it will be rare, especially once teams have figured him out. So the former would be much more consistent.

I'm actually not against sticking him up front. It might work, and it would be lest costly than having him on the wing if he's not performing.

I do apologise its just the position we are in;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

I'm hoping no-one seriously expects Adama to learn to pass. He has absolutely no intention to pass the ball when he gets it. None. He'll never change.

So, I agree with those saying he should be played up front, so that he doesn't face too many defenders when he tries to go forward by himself.

The kid is 20 and has played a handful of games.Think he has time to learn.

I would persevere with him wide for the moment though as Ayew looks to be finding his feet up front at the moment. We haven't really got a wide player that offers his unpredictability. Yes he will be poor some weeks, but others he will contribute like Palace away. He's the only player we have that gets people off their seats, which in our current state, isn't a bad thing.

Â