Adama Traore

mwj

As soon as he came on his first move was taking on and beating Ake and winning a corner, that's good enough for me at this moment in time.

We have players who can barely control a football, Richardson, Lescott, Bacuna when he starts etc so yes he has faults but I'd give him a run of starts now.

He reminds me of Gabby when he first broke into our team in 06/07. Gabby had plenty of faults back then, he too would never look up on his mazy runs but he was a good player for us in those days and crucial for our counter attacks.

Different times now but we move the ball so slowly across the pitch when we attack he has to start for me.

Adama made an impact today. Having watched Palace highlights they utilise Zaha and Bolasie massively with their pace. Leicester do the same with their trio of pacey wingers/forwards.

I'd start Adama and Sinclair on the wings for sure. I actually think the whole side could do with more pace which is why I'd also pick Bacuna. 

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

that was 1st team training

Notts County kicked him out the game.

Would love for him to stay on in the Championship. He is a young guy and 46 competitive games will do him good. Though with his education and background I feel he will see it being beneath him and try to force a move back to Spain unfortunately.

He's electric - that trick of stopping the ball and bringing defenders down to walking pace before he bangs in that five yard burst and goes past them is fantastic to watch. I had family up to the game yesterday in the Watford end and after the game they were full of praise for him. He's a player that's fun to watch and that brings a certain excitement that lifts a crowd, scares defenders and can change outcomes - I like him as a sub at the moment, I think he brings a lift.

Conversely, you also get the lapses of concentration (or interest) when he hasn't got the ball. Immediately after Ayew's goal he was nearly responsible for one at the other end - from kick off they put a ball over the head of Hutton and their winger got in behind him whilst Adama watched him run at Hutton from the other half of the field. What was pleasing was that Ayew gave Adama an absolute rollicking for not tracking his man and Adama seemed quite apologetic - if those two responses are true then it bodes well for the future.

Overall, I think he brings enough to make him worth it. for me, right now that's in coming off the bench, but that'll give him chances to show why he should be starting.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's electric - that trick of stopping the ball and bringing defenders down to walking pace before he bangs in that five yard burst and goes past them is fantastic to watch. I had family up to the game yesterday in the Watford end and after the game they were full of praise for him. He's a player that's fun to watch and that brings a certain excitement that lifts a crowd, scares defenders and can change outcomes - I like him as a sub at the moment, I think he brings a lift.

Conversely, you also get the lapses of concentration (or interest) when he hasn't got the ball. Immediately after Ayew's goal he was nearly responsible for one at the other end - from kick off they put a ball over the head of Hutton and their winger got in behind him whilst Adama watched him run at Hutton from the other half of the field. What was pleasing was that Ayew gave Adama an absolute rollicking for not tracking his man and Adama seemed quite apologetic - if those two responses are true then it bodes well for the future.

Overall, I think he brings enough to make him worth it. for me, right now that's in coming off the bench, but that'll give him chances to show why he should be starting.

Agree with all this. I think he needs more game time to improve his defensive side. We need to score goals and win games so we might as well play him. 

1 hour ago, Butterfingers said:

Might as well throw caution to the wind and give him a run. Law of averages says he will create something over 90,ins.

Give us a chance to see a bit of him as well-I doubt he'll hang around when we drop a level next season.

with pace like his we are bound to win free-kicks, corners or penalties as players wont know how to stop him

I think if Garde pulls him into shape and uses him, he could be just the catalyst we need: gains ground, changes the pace of the game, relieves pressure, wins corners and free kicks, just generally makes things happens. I think we need to work to his strengths and buy in the window to take advantage of this.

Edited by thunderball

A pass is clearly an after thought for him. Possibly the most selfish player I've ever seen but boy he is box office. 

We are going down so let's go down having some fun and that involves giving this guy a lot of game time. 

17 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Beat the full back, got a few crosses in and won a couple of free kicks. Who was doing more?

on one occasion after a bit of work from him the team broke and he just sauntered up on the trinity rd side in Training mode......he should have been bursting down the wing for a return ball.....not convinced me.

There is a real mental/attitude problem at this club.....and its much more than 1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I'd rather Bacuna/Traore out wide than Sinclair/Traore

Sinclair isn't athletic enough for me he's easily handled

not fired up enough for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's electric - that trick of stopping the ball and bringing defenders down to walking pace before he bangs in that five yard burst and goes past them is fantastic to watch.

Yup, this. He traps the ball so seamlessly compared to our players. Then you think WTF when he just walks with it....the next thing you know he puts on the afterburners and leaves the defenders for dead.

Edited by supernova26

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-no-interest-buying-back-6924317

Spanish giants Barcelona have made it clear they have no interest in taking backAston Villa teenager Adama Traore.

Villa signed the 19-year-old for a huge £7million fee and his contract is worth £40,000-a-week and could quickly rise to £75,000-a-week which would make him the highest earner.

Barcelona normally insert strict buy back and reclaim clauses in deals for young stars who they let leave the Nou Camp.

They kept Everton's Gerard Deulofeu under a tight reign during a loan spell before making his move permanent last summer. They often set a price option on youngsters.

But Barcelona have insisted there are not the same level of restrictions on the Traore deal and have no recall agreement. It is believed they asked for a first refusal option.

The money was so big it was clearly too good to turn down and make too many demands - but Traore has done little to justify the huge outlay.

Villa boss Remi Garde last week voiced concerns that Traore - a Spain under-19 international - is a long way from being ready to be a first team regular.

Traore came on as a substitute against Watford on Saturday but has so far been a bit part player despite being a huge summer signing.

It is understood some Villa staff have been surprised st how raw Traore is and questions are being asked at why he was signed if he is not yet ready to make an impression.

Â