Adama Traore

mwj

He has something which you can't defend against and that's raw pace. He should be a sub to start and drill into him it's about knowing when to take players on and when to pass. If he learnt that he'd be unplayable at times. Against Palace when he came on he got at the FB time and again and ripped him and actually how Bolaise and Zaha play is exactly who he needs to look at. We need to win games and he can cause havoc so we need to have him in the squad. 

5 hours ago, dn1982 said:

He has something which you can't defend against and that's raw pace. He should be a sub to start and drill into him it's about knowing when to take players on and when to pass. If he learnt that he'd be unplayable at times. Against Palace when he came on he got at the FB time and again and ripped him and actually how Bolaise and Zaha play is exactly who he needs to look at. We need to win games and he can cause havoc so we need to have him in the squad. 

Bolasie and Zaha is not who he shoulf be looking at. they have pace and zero end product. watching them against sunderland and they were definition of headless chicken

2 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Adama our saviour. I hope.

I truly hope he is but I doubt it. He's not shown he's capable of stringing a couple of games together so far without being injured.

Do you think a player used to a warmer climate is going produce his best form over a English winter? Sadly I don't. 

4 hours ago, SeanO said:

I truly hope he is but I doubt it. He's not shown he's capable of stringing a couple of games together so far without being injured.

Do you think a player used to a warmer climate is going produce his best form over a English winter? Sadly I don't. 

weather has no impact whatsoever

15 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Get him starting. I think he's the one guy who could win a game by something he does.

I'd agree with that.

I've been critical of him. I think he;s incredibly selfish in how he plays and that means 90% of the time he does nothing.

But I'm not sure we've ever needed somebody more who can win a game with one moment of magic, and Adama is probably the only player we have who can do that, or at least the most likely.

All we need is a full back to have a lapse in concentration and Adama is in.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

weather has no impact whatsoever

Hahaha then you've never had mates who were pro's.

I'm not going to mention names but I know 3 who all picked up "injuries" during the cold weather, all got time to go to warmer climates to "help" recovery. Might be harder today as everyone has a camera but I assure you it goes on.

Btw, 1 was one of ours the other's were both playing for the noses. 

I'm not sure about this guy, he seems to be injury prone as well as a headless chook but the rest are bloody useless so he has to be given a chance.......if he ever gets fit enough.

1 minute ago, SeanO said:

Hahaha then you've never had mates who were pro's.

I'm not going to mention names but I know 3 who all picked up "injuries" during the cold weather, all got time to go to warmer climates to "help" recovery. Might be harder today as everyone has a camera but I assure you it goes on.

Btw, 1 was one of ours the other's were both playing for the noses. 

I'm not sure about this guy, he seems to be injury prone as well as a headless chook but the rest are bloody useless so he has to be given a chance.......if he ever gets fit enough.

Wanna bet :)

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd agree with that.

I've been critical of him. I think he;s incredibly selfish in how he plays and that means 90% of the time he does nothing.

But I'm not sure we've ever needed somebody more who can win a game with one moment of magic, and Adama is probably the only player we have who can do that, or at least the most likely.

All we need is a full back to have a lapse in concentration and Adama is in.

If he scored 6 we would concede 7 .......thats where we are at.

We have spent c 23 mill on 

Traore, Gana and Vertout.....at present getting very little from them.

Why do we seem to think money/transfer funds is at the centre of our problem.

:(

8 hours ago, SeanO said:

didnt stop Deleufeu on saturday or Firmino 

16 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Ayew upfront.

Sinclair......gill........adama

Gana and Sanchez behind them.

we've sorta been playing that formation , with various different names , and it hasn't really worked

to some extent the problem is we put those exciting attacking players in the team and then expect them to track back and perform defensive duties ... not to mention we play fullbacks who then go marauding down the wings in front of these attacking players  ( why for the life of me do we have creative attacking players passing to full backs to cross the ball , a full back who has had to run 60 yards and invariable delivers a poor cross , before having to run back 60 yards  ,rant over)

He's raw and we aren't exactly in a position to gamble but try Adama up top with Ayew  .. two forwards one tricky and one more of a speedy bulldozer... we've tried the Gestede static man approach and it hasn't worked so why not try a more mobile approach  .... hopefully  it would stop Ayew being isolated and it would also stop our attacking 3 having to protect the defence (so play more of a 4-4-2 with more balanced midfielders , I guess in that regard you'd say a Bacuna type player over a Sinclair type player in the wide roles with Sanchez and Gana in the middle roles) )    ..

of course I'm struggling to think who we could play in that wide left role , which is probably why we don't play this way  !!

I doubt if he will be our saviour unless he has had some outstanding coaching since we last saw him. But I do think he would have a role supporting Ayew. Forget about any defending from him - won't happen, but right up front he has the strength to be very effective.

Ronaldo was signed by Man Utd as an 18 year old kid with huge potential and also like Adama he was accused of being selfish and a show boater.....Adama could be just as good and needs to be involved even if sparingly this season

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Bolasie and Zaha is not who he shoulf be looking at. they have pace and zero end product. watching them against sunderland and they were definition of headless chicken

Picking the one game that they didn't create isn't the best idea. Both are tricky wingers who work hard for the team but who also pass at times. Traore is very raw but plays with his head down too much. If he has half the impact till the end of the season those 2 do it'll be a cracking start. 

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

we've sorta been playing that formation , with various different names , and it hasn't really worked

to some extent the problem is we put those exciting attacking players in the team and then expect them to track back and perform defensive duties ... not to mention we play fullbacks who then go marauding down the wings in front of these attacking players  ( why for the life of me do we have creative attacking players passing to full backs to cross the ball , a full back who has had to run 60 yards and invariable delivers a poor cross , before having to run back 60 yards  ,rant over)

He's raw and we aren't exactly in a position to gamble but try Adama up top with Ayew  .. two forwards one tricky and one more of a speedy bulldozer... we've tried the Gestede static man approach and it hasn't worked so why not try a more mobile approach  .... hopefully  it would stop Ayew being isolated and it would also stop our attacking 3 having to protect the defence (so play more of a 4-4-2 with more balanced midfielders , I guess in that regard you'd say a Bacuna type player over a Sinclair type player in the wide roles with Sanchez and Gana in the middle roles) )    ..

of course I'm struggling to think who we could play in that wide left role , which is probably why we don't play this way  !!

N zogbia could play in the left?

Â