Rudy Gestede

midian

i'm not his biggest fan but Gestede was the only forward who was scoring goals until Sherwood's tactics went to shite and we stopped crossing the ball.

Don't know if Ayew will get the goals under Garde, hopefully he can but it's a big ask from a player who I don't think was bought or has ever been an out and out striker. There is clearly something a bit off with Kozak, maybe psychologically his head has gone as he fears injury or has lost his nerve or form. Either way we need a new striker in Jan as Gabby, Sinclair and Grealish aren't going to score every week, in Gabby's case... every season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Ended our threat when he came on.

He can't move properly and it's upsetting to see him struggle about.

Mostly because his coming on meant the removal of a midfielder.  Once we started hoofing it to him Watford won every second ball because there was no Villa player around to pick it up.

I thought the commentators on Setanta had it right - his performances for Blackburn show that the Championship is his level, but he's been found out in the Prem. By now he's had long enough to show that he's capable of making the step up.

Â