Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

He showed today what he can do if players in front of him make runs and move around off the ball.  Yet another assist for the lad, his 4th since Garde arrived.  He reminds me of a younger Jimmy Milner with his tireless workrate, vision, and strong technical ability.  I hope we hold onto him next season.

• Like 2

I agree he'll be very good. At the moment he still goes missing for periods of most games but that will improve with age. Yesterday was a perfect example, poor 1st half but then shone for a 30 min period after half time. Great passing and vision but not the finished article yet.

What an excellent crossfield ball for the chance for Bacuna, not the first time he's done that this season.

If Adama can get fit soon and allowed to start games then that could be an important tactic for us, Veretout getting him the ball as quickly as possible so he's one on one with defenders.

Barry used to do that so well giving Young the ball early.

Veretout has aspects of his game similar to Barry so if he can be half as good that's a very good signing for us.

• Like 3

On 03/02/2016 at 14:24, Delphinho123 said:

If Jordan Veretout was English, he'd have been written off by us all now.

Has been as bad as Westwood this year. 

Do you actually believe the tripe you come out with or is it just to annoy idiots like me?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Do you actually believe the tripe you come out with or is it just to annoy idiots like me?

He's been poor this season. Very poor. The whole midfield 3 have been. 

We lost Delph and Cleverley and replaced them with players who weren't as good. Simples.

I think fantastic is a little strong. He's got good vision and passing but still goes missing for large periods of games when he should be the one pulling the strings. Big potential though...

I think he is okay,nothing special. If we were to replace Gueye, Sanchez, Veretout and Westwood I must admit I wouldn't be too bothered as none of them really excite me. All of our midfielders are bang average at best

On 7 February 2016 at 18:01, The Fun Factory said:

Phil Mcnulty wrote a few months back saying than he wasn't premier league class. I hope he is eating a large dollop of humble pie. He can play at this level- hopefully not for different club next season. Settling in nicely.

I stopped reading after Phil McNulty:)

• Like 2

Â