Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Just now, andym said:

only listened on radio, but sounded like he put the ball right on Richard's head for what should have been a certain goal within 2 minutes of coming on

Certain goal is a bit harsh on RIchards. But it was a good chance and Richards should have hit the target at least.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Jordan Veretout was English, he'd have been written off by us all now.

Has been as bad as Westwood this year. 

Not everyone hates Westwood though (I don't)... Besides, first season in a new country and in a struggling team, you have to be truly exceptional to look good in those circumstances. I like him, I think he is and will turn out to be a good buy.

I like Veretout, and I think he would have benefited more coming into a team that had someone like Fabian Delph in. 

He's good technically and he does try to orchestrate things on the pitch (although language barrier impinges on this somewhat). However, he's had a lot of indifferent/poor performances for us. I think given circumstances, the money spent on him could have, and should have been used better. Not great value for money at all, and given we will be in the championship next season, it strikes me that he will not be sticking around. He will probably be sold for less than what we paid for him, and we'd have accrued absolutely no benefit from his performances/development. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I like Veretout, and I think he would have benefited more coming into a team that had someone like Fabian Delph in. 

He's good technically and he does try to orchestrate things on the pitch (although language barrier impinges on this somewhat). However, he's had a lot of indifferent/poor performances for us. I think given circumstances, the money spent on him could have, and should have been used better. Not great value for money at all, and given we will be in the championship next season, it strikes me that he will not be sticking around. He will probably be sold for less than what we paid for him, and we'd have accrued absolutely no benefit from his performances/development. 

This is the problem , you buy Veretout or Gana to go alongside an experienced midfielder.Even if you buy both you take time to acclimatize them .Not us no we buy 2 youngish mifielders with no experience of the prem league and just let them get on with it

Veretout alongside Gana , Traore , Ayew and even loaning Ilori was all based on potential the committee criminally overlooked the here and now and left us where we are today. 

• Like 1

Agree with the posts above. 

I like Veretout, I like all the French lads, but its fair to say that given our situation the money could have been better spent elsewhere.

Right players, wrong time.

Edited by av1

Great assist for Gabby's goal and did well cutting in from the left to play in Bacuna which should have been another assist but for Bacuna wasting it by shooting over with the keeper just to beat. Veretout has bags of energy and is vital in our midfield.

Thought he had a really good second half today, was terrible in the first half though. Definitely the most penetrative passer in the side, also played a couple of sublime balls that split the Norwich defence apart and made a couple of vital challenges when needed.

• Like 1

Â