Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Stan was poor for a lot of his first season but picked up towards the end. It was same the following year. He started putting in consistant week after week performances in 08/09 which won him POTY and I thought he was very good the following season that meant we barely missed Barry.

He scored a lot of goals in Scotland so a lot of Villa fans were expecting a good AM player hence the criticism but he became an excellent DM instead. I'd be amazed if Veretout comes anywhere near. He'd be too lightweight for the championship imo so I'd flog him back to France and get some money in.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought he looked good, particularly in the first half, he's bright, lively and good with the ball for me he's our best central midfielder at the moment.

Also, an overweight Westwood? Did Westwood lose three stone?

Agree.  Looked like the only midfielder trying to take responsibility and do something a bit adventurous.  

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought he looked good, particularly in the first half, he's bright, lively and good with the ball for me he's our best central midfielder at the moment.

Also, an overweight Westwood? Did Westwood lose three stone?

I didn't think he was that good but i'd agree. Gana looks awful and Sanchez is too hit and miss. I'd have veretout over westwood any day.  

Westwood is 3 years older and has played around 90 more premier league games than Veretout and I think he's shown he's better than him. 

• Like 1

Sanchez is 88 minutes of good and four diabolical passes. Veretout and Ayew in the first half played some very nice stuff, we looked like a football team. It's a pity that on a day when it might have been possible to see a lot of positives, the defeat and the daft mistakes left us so flat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Errmmm don't think he was. Let's not rewrite history just because of his unfortunate illness. Take a look through the early pages of his thread. Petrov was a marmite player, you either rated him or not until his illness then he became a legend. 

Yes he was. He was never as bad as veretout 

56 minutes ago, KHV said:

Yes he was. He was never as bad as veretout 

Nice bit of (typical) revisionist history when referring to Petrov. He was shockingly bad and ineffectual at times in his first season and couldn't last more than 60 mins. He also had some cracking moments. Took him time to adapt. 

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I didn't think he was that good but i'd agree. Gana looks awful and Sanchez is too hit and miss. I'd have veretout over westwood any day.  

Westwood is 3 years older and has played around 90 more premier league games than Veretout and I think he's shown he's better than him. 

I don't think either of them should be starting for us at the moment.

Westwood has been poor this season and Veretout hasn't shown himself to be any better so far.

I'd rather try Gil centrally.

Glad to see he is being given another run out rather than being benched as I'm my view it's the only way he will adjust (or not) to the league and build confidence.  Only after an extended run of games can a measured judgement of his ability be made. 

• Like 1

Â