Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

4 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

We use 3 central midfielders when we play, as in Gana, Sanchez and Veretout starting today. Other teams do not do that. They have two central midfielders with an attacking midifielder in front of them. I have gone through all the teams before in another thread. 

F.x 

Arsenal use Coquelin and Cazorla in the middle with Ozil in front. 

Everton use McCarthy and Barry with Barkley as an attacking midfielder

Man City use Fernando or fernandinho and Toure with De Bruyne or Silva in front as attacking midfielders.

Utd. Schneiderlin and Carrick with Rooney as an attacking midfielder.

Leicester play with 4 across midfield as do Watford. 

Tottenham use Alli and Dier and have Erikssen in front

and so on and so on. 

It's just about only us that are playing with three proper Central midfielders

You are alluding to  2 DM's.....I am quite empathetic towards that.

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Do I need to explain that players have positions, assigned by managers, and that managers usually advise players to stay in those positions?

You'll need to explain oh wise one, what midfielder never moves out of his own half. Westwood is not as good as Veretout, he has no vision, can't tackle and can't take a set piece.

only saw the hour highlights on sky, he didn't look great, but didn't look horrendous either. The times he gave it away were when he was trying to do something in the attacking third. Good ball in for micha's goal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClarrieBlue said:

You'll need to explain oh wise one, what midfielder never moves out of his own half. Westwood is not as good as Veretout, he has no vision, can't tackle and can't take a set piece.

Two out of three. He can't tackle and can't take a set piece, but he does have some vision and does pass accurately. 

You'll notice that I didn't say 'no midfielders ever leave their own half' so I'm not quite sure why you've erected that straw man. Sherwood was playing Westwood as the deep-lying holding midfielder. Garde is playing Veretout further forward. That's why more of Veretout's passes are in the opponent's half. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ClarrieBlue said:

I would guess he had more touches than any villa player today and made more forward passes than anyone on the pitch

No, he didn't. Both Sanchez and Gana had the ball and made considerably more passes than Veretout

Gana made more forward passes than he did.

Oh and he had the worst passing accuracy on the team, so he gave it away more than anyone too.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KHV said:

Yes

Errmmm don't think he was. Let's not rewrite history just because of his unfortunate illness. Take a look through the early pages of his thread. Petrov was a marmite player, you either rated him or not until his illness then he became a legend. 

• Like 1

Â