Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

5 minutes ago, ClarrieBlue said:

Rather than pass forward in our half perhaps he could try it in the other half where it counts

Do I need to explain that players have positions, assigned by managers, and that managers usually advise players to stay in those positions?

My opinion is, take him off and don't replace him with another central midfielder, we are one if not the only team in the league that use 3 central midfielders. And when all our midfielders are as bad as they are, then we should play as few of them as possible.  

Edited by Chicken Field

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Eh?

We use 3 central midfielders when we play, as in Gana, Sanchez and Veretout starting today. Other teams do not do that. They have two central midfielders with an attacking midifielder in front of them. I have gone through all the teams before in another thread. 

F.x 

Arsenal use Coquelin and Cazorla in the middle with Ozil in front. 

Everton use McCarthy and Barry with Barkley as an attacking midfielder

Man City use Fernando or fernandinho and Toure with De Bruyne or Silva in front as attacking midfielders.

Utd. Schneiderlin and Carrick with Rooney as an attacking midfielder.

Leicester play with 4 across midfield as do Watford. 

Tottenham use Alli and Dier and have Erikssen in front

and so on and so on. 

It's just about only us that are playing with three proper Central midfielders

2 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

Imagine the abuse Westwood would be getting on here if he put in a performance like Veretout did today. 

Westwoods been playing in the premier league for how long ? Vertout 10 games think he deserves some slack 

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

As I said Arj, I will watch again, maybe i was overawed by the improvement from a low base point, but that was my impression post match.

Credit to any Villa fan who can bring themselves to do that!

Â