Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

A lot better at winning the ball than he gets credit for - classy player too, we're lucky to have him really. 

Interestingly he has less tackles per game, less interceptions per game, less clearances per game, gets dribbled past considerably more per game than Ashely Westwood. all data from whoscored.com

just. saying.

Edited by a m ole

Yeah but people hate Westwood. 

I could have a game in midfield for Villa and some people on here would say I was better than Westwood purely because they don't like him.

Thing is I quite like both of them, it just boggles the mind when people will praise a player for one thing and slate another when they're quite even or actually the opposite. It must be the association of us being a poor team for years with Westwoods face and not actually seeing the players merits as an individual.

Apologies though, this is the Veretout thread. Good player, hope he comes out his shell a little more.

Edited by a m ole

I like Veretout as well. i think he could become a very good player for us.

I don't think he's there yet though. As with a lot of our signings, he needs some time to bed in.

• Like 1

A lot better at winning the ball than he gets credit for - classy player too, we're lucky to have him really. 

Interestingly he has less tackles per game, less interceptions per game, less clearances per game, gets dribbled past considerably more per game than Ashely Westwood. all data from whoscored.com

just. saying.

Fewer. 

Just saying.. 

• Like 2

just. saying.

Fewer. 

Just saying.. 

great way to deflect from losing an argument.

incidentally, this article begs to differ with the grammar-nazi's favourite piece of pedantry, but I won't quote it because that would be off-topic.

Edited by a m ole
waiting to use laptop before inserting link
  • Like 2

just. saying.

Ah. Those Westwood stats again. If only we could convert them into something useful which would have a noticeable effect during the game.

• Like 3

Fairly sure they point directly towards Westwood doing something useful during games lol

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 3

just. saying.

Fewer. 

Just saying.. 

incidentally, this article begs to differ with the grammar-nazi's favourite piece of pedantry, but I won't quote it because that would be off-topic.

What argument? You're the one who started talking about Westwood - I was talking about Veretout, who is generally perceived as a more attacking midfielder. 

As for the article - yes, it begs to differ but it's not necessarily correct. The truth is, there are no real 'rules' in English grammar - there is what is generally accepted as being correct and that changes with the times too. Less will more than likely become the catch-all adverb for both countable and uncountable nouns but for now it's not. 

• Like 2

just. saying.

Ah. Those Westwood stats again. If only we could convert them into something useful which would have a noticeable effect during the game.

Tackles, interceptions and clearances have a notable effect during the game unless you're deliberately not noticing04eIrTO.png

just. saying.

Well lets give Veretout 3 seasons in the Premier League and compare then. You can tell his potential will easily surpass Westwood at his best. Whether we see it or not is another matter.

just. saying.

Fewer. 

Just saying.. 

What argument? You're the one who started talking about Westwood - I was talking about Veretout, who is generally perceived as a more attacking midfielder. 

As for the article - yes, it begs to differ but it's not necessarily correct. The truth is, there are no real 'rules' in English grammar - there is what is generally accepted as being correct and that changes with the times too. Less will more than likely become the catch-all adverb for both countable and uncountable nouns but for now it's not. 

I know all this, which is why I'm ok with using it. I don't know why you brought it up.

As for argument, well that was the wrong choice of words. I should have said you were deflecting from me pointing out your hypocrisy.

• 2 weeks later...

Still think he'll become a very good player. Hopefully for us. We've seen it a million times before, he needs time but we can't afford that because we have a shit team.

Â