Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

But it's all potential. He hasn't shown that yet, which is why I get confused when people are stating that Veretout is already better

So would you bring him on after an hour or so then?  For me, the only way he will convince people who don't think he's better than Westwood is by being on the pitch.  So there's a bit of a vicious circle there, unless they can somehow be on at the same time, in which case they'd presumably be playing different roles.

Maybe. I'm not really sure what I'd do with hi mto be honest.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be playing him. Part of me thinks we should if he's going to be the future because the quicker he gets up to speed the better.

I was merely taking issue with people rating him so highly when he hasn't really shown that at prem level yet. 

So you can see where the vicious circle is then.  He will be better than Westwood.  I think he already is, but that's neither here nor there.  The best thing Villa can do is get him up to speed as soon as possible.  The fact Westwood hasn't been pulling up trees this season means worst case scenario we're not going to be much; if any; worse with Veretout there instead.  But best case scenario we could be; and I believe would be; a whole lot better.

• Like 4

I've not seen any evidence he is better than Westwood  ... I think he does have some potential but seems far to lightweight at the present time for life in the Prem , at least in the role currently given to him .

ultimately I also think long term it will have to be either one of Veretout or Westwood and not both  , saying that much as I don't like this 3 man midfield that we opt for , if we persist with it I'd rather it was Veretout-  Gana - Westwood  than any option of that 3 that involves Sanchez or even Clark playing there .

• Like 1

So you can see where the vicious circle is then.  He will be better than Westwood.  I think he already is, but that's neither here nor there.  The best thing Villa can do is get him up to speed as soon as possible.  The fact Westwood hasn't been pulling up trees this season means worst case scenario we're not going to be much; if any; worse with Veretout there instead.  But best case scenario we could be; and I believe would be; a whole lot better.

Yeah I see it but I've never disputed it.

I just disputed the fact that he's already better than Westwood. he isn't. But I acknowledge (and hope) that he could be.

He should get game time to help that develop.

• Like 1

6nmwc6.jpeg

Edited by HanoiVillan

Vere is 'glass' and Tout is 'all'. Vere maybe could be green as well. So All Green, or All Glass. Al Green? Philip Glass?

Whereas West is 'west' and wood is 'wood'. So Vivian Westwood.

So you can clearly see why people would prefer Veretout to Westwood.

Also Westwood cost £1.5 million and Veretout cost £8 million or something. Bit like saying there's a £10 million player on the bench. How can he not be in the team and scoring? He's a £10 million player. 

As long as it's not Stephen Glass.

Gana-Sanchez-Veretout is very good balanced trio with protection backline, height to presence midfield also  Grealish and Gil as operator in two free roles behind striker. (adama with option to change game.)

Westwood will good swap Sanchez in Opition if we need play possesion better ball around ping around.

my midfield line up should like these.

Gana-Westwood-Veretout (or Gana-Sanchez-Veretout) - depend Opponent

--------Gill-Grealish---------

(pick one of these Sinclair as Poacher & rudy as Target Man, Ayew as Pace Striker) 

Sub Adama - (if need change 442 or 451 (as right winger) swap Adama as 2 winger with grealish or Gil as left winger) and play Gana or Veretout as Centre Attack Midfield and (sanchez or westwood with Gana or Veretout as DM)

Vere is 'glass' and Tout is 'all'. Vere maybe could be green as well. So All Green, or All Glass. Al Green? Philip Glass?

Whereas West is 'west' and wood is 'wood'. So Vivian Westwood.

So you can clearly see why people would prefer Veretout to Westwood.

Also Westwood cost £1.5 million and Veretout cost £8 million or something. Bit like saying there's a £10 million player on the bench. How can he not be in the team and scoring? He's a £10 million player. 

Absolutely brilliant!

Wasn't that impressed overall, he was decent, but hardly good IMO. He does show flashes of good things, that run in the first half was terrific. But I felt a lot of his work was quite weak, he looked weak on the ball and often didn't put enough mustard on his passes.

I personally think he has a long way to go, but he will only get there with more game time, so hopefully he continues to start.

I was impressed at times today with his playing against Stoke, but the man seems to fall down a lot -- and I don't mean dives. He just **** falls. I loved to see him squeeze into some very narrow channels. But those tumbles.

Edited by Plastic Man

Â