Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

9 hours ago, robojoel said:

He has always looked like a red card waiting to happen, mostly in a good way up until Tuesday though in that he didnt actually get one.....

Absolutely. We have all praised his aggressive will to win and hard working attitude this season, its something all fans love to see, and whilst half our squad have seemed uninterested, his attitude has certainly stood out like a sore thumb in C&B. 

Now that doesn't in anyway exuse his actions on Tuesday and I'm really not trying to do that, it was an absolutely brain dead moment that may have cost us a point or 3. But as you say, i think its been on the cards all year.

He reminds me somewhat of Wayne Rooney, or even Diego Costa, (not in anyway comparing them ability wise) in that I'm not sure your ever going to take that part of his game out of him. Its who he is, take that away and he'd lose a lot of what makes him the player we have all enjoyed watching. 

What needs to change is his decision making, people will now have him marked as a player that can be wound up, he needs to realise this, grow up a little and learn to channel his aggression in a positive manner. 

Edited by av1

2 hours ago, av1 said:

Absolutely. We have all praised his aggressive will to win and hard working attitude this season, its something all fans love to see, and whilst half our squad have seemed uninterested, his attitude has certainly stood out like a sore thumb in C&B. 

Now that doesn't in anyway exuse his actions on Tuesday and I'm really not trying to do that, it was an absolutely brain dead moment that may have cost us a point or 3. But as you say, i think its been on the cards all year.

He reminds me somewhat of Wayne Rooney, or even Diego Costa, (not in anyway comparing them ability wise) in that I'm not sure your ever going to take that part of his game out of him. Its who he is, take that away and he'd lose a lot of what makes him the player we have all enjoyed watching. 

What needs to change is his decision making, people will now have him marked as a player that can be wound up, he needs to realise this, grow up a little and learn to channel his aggression in a positive manner. 

Agree with you here av1, Benteke too had this side to his game and I seem to remember him being sent off for some silly things. A lot of forward players have this side to them. At least he's accepted what he did was wrong and apologised but we will miss him though.

More Rooney than Costa, I think there's a big difference. Other than that I agree.

If we can get a few more points on the board without him perhaps the enforced rest will do him good. He had started to look a bit jaded.

It will be like a new signing when he returns!

• 3 weeks later...

Agree with you Zatman - I'm hoping he clicks alongside Gabby upfront (or just off him)

We need some big performances off him after the ridiculous (as in unnecessary and pathetic) sending off.

Ayew needs to look at his future, and one way of improving his chances of a move away next season is to put 11 shifts in, in the final 11 matches (regardless of we still go down)

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

although we were  most certainly were down he certainly helped kill us with his stupid red card

I think we'll be pointing to our capitulation against Leicester and Ayew's red card as the defining moments of our relegation.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

yeah i would say so, and the sunderland and norwich defeats

Yeah those losses were monumental but it was just a continuation of our form.  Leicester and West Ham derailed potential good runs and because we're so mentally weak we just don't recover.

Â