Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

I'll hold my hands up, I prematurely judged him based on what I remembered of him at Marseille but he is actually decent. I'd prefer him to play wide as he isn't best suited to leading the line but given the situation with our forwards, we don't really have a choice.

• Like 1

Most of his good work is out of the box so yes wide forward instead of central striker. He can dribble and beat men and has a decent long range shot,

Could of times today the box rolled along the 6 yard box and no one anticipated or gambled, easy goals there, Benteke used to score those for fun.

Ran his arse off today, took his goal well. Ok he missed that one clear cut chance, but didn't let his head drop. Looked like he wanted to burst into tears when being interviewed on Sky, I get the impression he's upset that the team are letting the fans down.

Liking this kid more and more over the last few weeks, a bright spot in an otherwise shambolic season......

Well if anyone listened to WM on way home, he got a right pasting on there. Franksy says he is a fancy dan with no substance who spends all his time adjusting his shorts - and all the callers in agreed. I couldnt believe it really. Apart from missing the sitter, I thought he did well today and has been improving all the time. MInd you Franksy seems to be loving our demise but thats for another thread .

Edited by Hev
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hev said:

Well if anyone listened to WM on way home, he got a right pasting on there. Franksy says he is a fancy dan with no substance who spends all bis time adjusting his shorts - and all the callers in agreed. I couldnt believe it really. Apart from missing the sitter, I thought he did well today and has been improving all the time. MInd you Franksy seems to be loving our demise but thats for another thread .

Which says a lot about WM it's listeners and presenters  

5 minutes ago, Hev said:

Well if anyone listened to WM on way home, he got a right pasting on there. Franksy says he is a fancy dan with no substance who spends all his time adjusting his shorts - and all the callers in agreed. I couldnt believe it really. Apart from missing the sitter, I thought he did well today and has been improving all the time. MInd you Franksy seems to be loving our demise but thats for another thread .

Not sure what game those people were watching to be honest (Although I didn't actually hear the comments). I live in the US and we have something over here called NBC Sports Live Extra, which allows you to "Legally" watch every single premier league game on the web, even if it's not on a TV channel. I've streamed every game this year (Apart from the game against Man City, that I was actually able to attend) and I'll be honest, at first I thought he was a right plonker.

For me Ayew turned it around after he came on against Birmingham in the league cup game. He's shown he can run with ball, has a decent shot from distance and has the ability to finish. Yeah I know he missed that sitter today, but if anyone saw the chances Sterling and De Bruyne missed against us in the Man City game, that can happen to anyone.

The kid definitely put a shift in today and always seemed to want the ball. If giving it 100% and getting on the score sheet isn't enough, I'm not sure what else the guy could do?

Â