Hendrik Almstadt

dudevillaisnice

Hmm there is an i interesting article in the daily mail that a big part of debuchy transfer failed because of him. He was spitting his dummy out that he was not involved much in the transferthis is worrying for me. Garde should have final say not another arsenal reject that has never managed 

TBH Demitri, the article wording is classic Daily Mail. No quotes and they even say it failed because of the loan fee. I'm not saying there's no element of truth to it, but take it with a grain of salt at least...

I am more pissed about the Kharzi & Duombia transfers...

He cost us how? All I'm hearing here is the ramblings of the Daily Fail.

I'm as much as a Daily Heil sceptic as any but the general noises are that the board blocked those two deals. Maybe not Almstadt alone.

I don't think Almstadt has anything to do with finances.

I'm pretty sure he does negotiate the contracts for player transfers.

Fox also said he is working with Sean Kimberly to "overhaul" the Academy, whatever that means. Hopefully it's to improve the sports science (I see the players wearing GPS vests these days etc) but who knows.

I'm pretty sure he does negotiate the contracts for player transfers.

Fox also said he is working with Sean Kimberly to "overhaul" the Academy, whatever that means. Hopefully it's to improve the sports science (I see the players wearing GPS vests these days etc) but who knows.

You're pretty sure based on what?

Ok nothing definitive, but I'm added 2+2 and getting 4:

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4866073,00.html

The 40-year old German joins the Club from Arsenal where he spent the last four years in the football department working with the chief executive and manager in the areas of technical scouting, data analytics, financial budgeting and contract management, the academy and athletic development.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12132866/Seydou-Doumbia-snubs-Aston-Villa-to-join-Newcastle-United-until-end-of-season.html

Telegraph Sport can reveal that the Roma striker was Garde's No. 1 target for January and Villa's sporting director Hendrik Almstadt and Paddy Riley, the director of scouting and player recruitment, flew out to meet him in the Italian capital last week.

Garde had spoken extensively with Doumbia by telephone and Villa even offered Roma a bigger loan fee than Newcastle, yet the Ivory Coast international has still opted to join Steve McClaren's strugglers.

54 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Didn't fox also say he's doing the same role he did at arsenal. I'm sure at arsenal he was part of the team that analysed data on potential signings. 

Possibly, but that's nowhere near the same as what was being suggested. That's the same kind of involvement in transfers as a scout.

46 minutes ago, mwj said:

I don't remember that at all? Got a link?

Only from what OBE said that Fox said at one of the audiences he's had with fans. not sure if there's a transcript out there, but OBE said:

...Henrik Almstad isn't directly involved in player recruitment - even though at least one national paper would have you believe that he's our transfer supremo, nor was he brought in over Sherwood's head - he had dinner with Tim at his house before joining and Tim was asked to green or red light the appointment.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Currently enjoying his holiday in Dubai.

Aston Villa director Hendrik Almstadt is on holiday in Dubai, in week club revealed £27m loss

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/11/villa-director-hendrik-almstadt-on-holiday-in-dubai/

Fair enough everyone is entitled to a few days off, timing could be better thou...

Edited by sne

Â