Mark Bunn

villan_007

On 08/02/2016 at 13:19, AntrimBlack said:

Neither keeper is anywhere close to being good enough. We need a new number 1 in the summer, and that need has already been identified by the management.

Sherwood wanted a new keeper aswell so its actually been identified by 2 management teams. 

I think that in itself is a pretty grim assessment of our options. 

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He hasn't **** up yet for a goal (has he?).......that in itself is a good starting point

You know mate  I'll be completely honest and admit that I'd prejudged him before even seeing him play. I think its something to do with the very nature of number 2/3 keepers. I know there's only so many teams to go around but I've never felt comfortable about guys that seem happy as back up, almost an admission that they aren't good enough. 

I know its probably irrational but I've never felt comfortable watching Bunn even though, as you rightly say, he hasn't really done anything to make me feel like that. 

He was also lucky that we finally got to play the current back four where as Guzan had to deal with Richardson Clark Bacuna etc.

But give credit where its due.. he hasn't had any clangers yet or passed it straight to an attacker. So that's an improvement on Guzan.

On 2/9/2016 at 17:59, av1 said:

You know mate  I'll be completely honest and admit that I'd prejudged him before even seeing him play. I think its something to do with the very nature of number 2/3 keepers. I know there's only so many teams to go around but I've never felt comfortable about guys that seem happy as back up, almost an admission that they aren't good enough. 

I know its probably irrational but I've never felt comfortable watching Bunn even though, as you rightly say, he hasn't really done anything to make me feel like that. 

He's had his moments, flying out to take down Vardy outside the area, misjudging a cross against Norwich on the weekend but show me a keeper that's infallible and I'll show you a miracle ;)

He's no Friedel but he's defo not an Enckleman either...........

On 09/02/2016 at 17:34, av1 said:

Sherwood wanted a new keeper aswell so its actually been identified by 2 management teams. 

I think that in itself is a pretty grim assessment of our options. 

I think this is where we royally messed up in the summer. Sherwood identified a new keeper was needed and indeed, was the first move he made in the transfer window. Begovic (optimistic i know) & guzan no. 2 would have been strong and a big improvement.

Binning given then replacing him with bunn...giving us guzan & bunn no.2 significantly weakened this position.

I would go as far as to say given & bunn no.2 would have been a better option

Guess we will be seeing Brad back between the sticks next week then 

TBH i would rather ask around the team if anyone would like to play in goal. Failing that give a youngster a go. I dont want to see that sack of crap between the sticks again!

Â