Micah Richards

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think we need continuity. If all our CBs are crap, then I'd rather Garde just decided on a pairing and played them every week.

Richards has to be one of those, and if the other is Clark then so be it.

If we're chopping and changing our defence every week then they'll never improve

Agreed. 

5 hours ago, villianusa said:

Richards hasn't formed a partnership with anyone, so lets get rid of Clark, yet Clark was ok with Vlaar, and Okore. Ever thought it's Richards poor organizing skills that could be the problem?

Richards is great at taking long balls down the field, not many forwards will get much out of him. Trying to control his back line around the box, and he is dodgy at best. 

you can organise all week but if defenders cant do the basics then they are at fault and Clark and LEscott are holding us back. Them 2 are blame for most of shambles at back even though more people will blame Richardson who compared to other 2 isnt a natural defender

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

you can organise all week but if defenders cant do the basics then they are at fault and Clark and LEscott are holding us back. Them 2 are blame for most of shambles at back even though more people will blame Richardson who compared to other 2 isnt a natural defender

In your opinion, and you're welcome to it, others including myself think different. I'm not saying they haven't been at fault, but it doesn't lay with just them.

An organized defense can make up for a lack of talent, which we have in certain areas. Sadly, it's not organized, and that's down to Captain Richards.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, lexicon said:

As he ignored his team-mates and the fans and just celebrated by himself.

Even if that's true, not sure how he can't show passion celebrating by himself. Besides, he was clearly gesturing to the fans during his 'solo' celebration anyway. Find another stick.

• Like 3

I hadn't realised we'd won the toss at kick off and that Micah had elected to kick to the Holte End in the first half. I'd assumed that was Watford's decision. It was a strange one I think and I wonder what his motivation was - was he looking for a quick start, the boost of potentially using that advantage to go ahead, does it indicate that the team are feeling more pressure than support in kicking to the Holte End in the second half of games? I  have no idea. 

Anyway, I don't ever remember a Villa Captain doing it before and it's an interesting one.

28 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It just seemed very egocentric and not very captainly to me.

The fact that he ran back into position in defence rather than running off to the corner flag doing some terrible celebration seemed quite captainly to me. He's problably the only birght spark of this tragic season.

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

The fact that he ran back into position in defence rather than running off to the corner flag doing some terrible celebration seemed quite captainly to me. He's problably the only birght spark of this tragic season.

Just different interpretations of events - I'm not going to say that you're wrong but I disagree with you.

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I hadn't realised we'd won the toss at kick off and that Micah had elected to kick to the Holte End in the first half. I'd assumed that was Watford's decision. It was a strange one I think and I wonder what his motivation was - was he looking for a quick start, the boost of potentially using that advantage to go ahead, does it indicate that the team are feeling more pressure than support in kicking to the Holte End in the second half of games? I  have no idea. 

Anyway, I don't ever remember a Villa Captain doing it before and it's an interesting one.

I'd always assumed the phrase "having the fans behind you" came from kicking away from the main stand and having the fans roar you on from behind, as it were.  I'd have thought that's probably more encouraging that shooting toward them, although the difference should be pretty negligible.

Â