Micah Richards

Demitri_C

He's a bit too rash in his decision making and positional play for me.  However, he's still our best defender at the moment and at least has some passion.

I'd rather see him at right back then his surges forward might be a bit more productive than Hutton running into blind alleys constantly.

By far our best defender. Some of the passes he was making were very incisive as well... Not one for moving players, but could see him playing DM.. If (and it's a very big if) we had other players to play CB. Unfortunately we don't. It'll be a shame for him to lead this team when they go down.

Its more pathetic that our most creative player is the **** centre half

One thing I wont do with Richards is question his commitment and his celebration meant a lot to him though that goal has been coming for a long time

• Like 4

He was certainly up for the game, and scored a very nice goal. Probably, the second best player on the park.

Poor for the first goal, as he tracked Ighaol, when a step out would of put him offside. He stepped out for second goal, but did a much of nothing, which was followed up Hutton's pass into the bottom corner.

3 hours ago, villarocker said:

His positioning is poor most of the time. He's cost us this season as much as a fit Vlaar did last season. I'd rather have a fit Vlaar though, and that's saying something. 

I'd rather have an injured Vlaar.

• Like 2

For the 2nd goal, if Hutton had dropped back with Clark and Richardson, I don't think he would have give up the O.G.^^^ But I agree, Richards wasn't as great as many have made out.

Very strong coming through a player to win a ball, very poor when it comes to organizing the defense. 

He cannot organise a defence right now. It may come with more experience of playing CB but it'll be too late for us. 

For the first goal, isn't that Richardson looking along the line and playing Ighalo on-side? That's the issue for me with that goal. 

Second goal, Richards charges out to try to block a shot so Hutton needed to drop off on the cover and, Clark should have got tighter to his man. 

Third goal was disgraceful from Clark. If you're defending a ball coming out of the air in your own box you get up to meet it, you don't let it drop to you. Also, did Richardson give him a shout to let him know Deeney was running in behind him? 

All round poor defensive show that would have been far worse if not for the great saves of the far too overworked Guzan. 

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I agree with Lexicon, his defensive performance was abysmal, how can anyone say he had a good game when we shipped 3 horrendous goals at home to WATFORD.

There seems to be a group of people that think we're constantly putting in good performances, and are really unlucky to be where we are.

Some of our players could come out with their boots tied together and walk in circles all day and there would be people suggesting they turned in a decent shift.

• Like 1

I think a massive worry we have right now is that our backline is incredibly experienced, even Clark has a lot of experience, yet they look like 4 individuals rather than a defensive unit. I think Richards is a good player but he isn't an organiser or a leader, yes he is vocal and passionate but there is more to it than that.

1 minute ago, samjp26 said:

I think a massive worry we have right now is that our backline is incredibly experienced, even Clark has a lot of experience, yet they look like 4 individuals rather than a defensive unit. I think Richards is a good player but he isn't an organiser or a leader, yes he is vocal and passionate but there is more to it than that.

Whilst Richards is experienced player, he is not an experienced centre back - this is basically his first season playing in the position. He has commitment and passion but he's not a particularly good centre back at the moment and certainly can't organise the defence, which is what he is being asked to do. His positioning is very weak so we can't really expect him to know where other players should be when he doesn't know where he should be himself!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, picicata said:

Whilst Richards is experienced player, he is not an experienced centre back - this is basically his first season playing in the position. He has commitment and passion but he's not a particularly good centre back at the moment and certainly can't organise the defence, which is what he is being asked to do. His positioning is very weak so we can't really expect him to know where other players should be when he doesn't know where he should be himself!

I imagine that Vlaar and Richards would've been a good combo, I think Richards is being relied on to be the "senior" CB whereas really he should have one next to him. I guess we have Lescott but his legs are gone.

Â