Micah Richards

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Micah is right in what he says. I don't see anything wrong with it. I'd say it's come from the club/garde for him to make those comments.

Think some on here love conspiracies and  are looking into this far too much.

Think some liked Tim's losers comments as well. He wasn't wrong too.

27 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Think some liked Tim's losers comments as well. He wasn't wrong too.

There are similarities in the comments, which is why I'm cautious about what Richards has said here.

But there are also differences in the scenarios. I don't think the players, before the cup final, needed a "kick up the arse". League performances had dipped but we were riding a wave in the cup. The manager should have been building confidence and reassuring his players that they were good enough, not kindly reminding the world how shit they were.

In this case, things can't really get any worse, so I'm more inclined to accept the hard line technique. I'd still prefer it was done behind closed doors though and not in the public eye.

But I still wouldn't be surprised if Remi and Richards planned this.

Some times things have to be said and it depends on the players personalities how they respond to it....not all shrink and lie down and die.....some come out fighting.

Fans are not stupid, they watch the games, they know who the shirkers /short striders are, the ones that turn up a yard late.

Can you imagine if similar comments were aimed  the Wimbledon (Crazy Gang)team

The next game would be world war 3 on the pitch.....not talking literally it is not so easy these days.

That is the difference in Character.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Would anyone here be motivated by having the leader of your team attacking the rest of the team's work ethic in public? No?

What a **** idiot.

Yes, I would. Sometimes you need people to dig you out and sometimes you need to be dug out.

If the players are the type of people who get offended by people speaking their mind, then they know where the door is. For way too long now, we have been a soft **** touch. If I am on a team that is getting beat, I don't want my teammates to be quiet, or encouraging.  I want them to shout, I want them to tell me I am playing shit, I want them to give me a kick up the arse.

We are weak as piss all through the team, we are an embarrassment and I am glad it hurts Micah, because it would hurt me. I look at players and I don't think it does, they are just going through the motions, they are planning their trips out in Manchester on the coach ride up.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's a dangerous tactic.

I wonder if garde and Richards have planned this, given they've both taken a hard approach this week.

We'll see how the players react.

Will react the way they always react and give a lacklustre half arsed mistake riddled 90 mins which will lead to an embarrassing defeat and lots of booing at Villa Park

51 minutes ago, KHV said:

Will react the way they always react and give a lacklustre half arsed mistake riddled 90 mins which will lead to an embarrassing defeat and lots of booing at Villa Park

That's the spirit

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, KHV said:

Don't think like that man, it will only upset you.

'There’s a few good players in the team and they’re probably thinking, ‘If Villa get relegated I’ll get a move in the summer’ – but it doesn’t work like that any more.'

That is quite damming. Glad he spoke out. Somebody needed to say those things.

26 minutes ago, myko said:

Will be the first out the door come summer IMO. 

Well he won't be going to Italy.

It's slower and boring to watch :rolleyes: It wasn't that he has no football intelligence so couldn't get anywhere the games he presumed he'd get.

I agree with BOF actually, I don't think many players will hear of this interview. I certainly hope they don't.

Let's see some leadership on the pitch please Micah. Stop throwing your arms around blaming others. You have to lead this utter rabble, take some responsibility instead of laying it at the feet of teammates younger than you who can't speak the language.

Â