Micah Richards

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, Jimbop said:

I think he's a leader in that he's extremely passionate, gets stuck in, and is an absolute animal physically, but I don't think he's got the experience to be a captain in the centre of defence.

I think that's a very kind, and very diplomatic way of saying that he is all brawn and no brains.

In which case I agree entirely :)

Didn't see the game, was he RB yesterday? How'd he get on? I really want him to be a success here as he's clearly got it in him and he shows aot of passion.

Yep. Has played well there. Consistent.

I wish he'd run at defenders with the ball more when he gets close to the box. He was mad for it when playing centre half!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yep. Has played well there. Consistent.

I wish he'd run at defenders with the ball more when he gets close to the box. He was mad for it when playing centre half!

agree, he drives down the flank then stops and passes back or sideways, don't see why he doesn't carry on and hit the cross more often

I doubt Garde will be messing with a defence that has kept three clean sheets in its last five league games. 

Richards is fine at full-back, but needs to overlap Bacuna more. Even if he doesn't receive the ball, it helps neutralise one defender. Instead, he always seems to turn and retreat. 

• Like 1

I think a problem is that his body broke down so much when he was playing right back for City, which is largely why he wanted to settle as a centre half.  No doubt he is much more use to us at right back though.  I've said in a couple of match threads that I'd seriously consider him as an emergency striker as well, he's quick, good in the air and can put the ball in the back of the net.

Edited by sharkyvilla

51 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think a problem is that his body broke down so much when he was playing right back for City, which is largely why he wanted to settle as a centre half.  No doubt he is much more use to us at right back though.  I've said in a couple of match threads that I'd seriously consider him as an emergency striker as well, he's quick, good in the air and can put the ball in the back of the net.

My only memory of his striking ability for us was missing an absolute sitter of a header against someone... can't remember who it was, though.

Still don't rate him, he bombs up the pitch and then when we lose the ball he just strolls back lazily to his position leaving big gaps. Saying that tho he is definitely having a better time of it at right back compared to centre back and I'd probably have him playing there ahead of Hutton and Bacuna.

20 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I have heard him say it and if that was the case I can understand him wanting to play CB.

Saying that though, he isn't even 30 and if he wanted to protect himself then why does he still try and play like Cafu at CB? Bursting forward, overrunning the ball, inviting challenges.

Â