GENTLEMAN

Also just want to say about GK's that the difference between a good one and a bad one is night and day. I have Mattia Perin who's rated 87 and he actually makes saves...often! Even at point blank. I just had a sequence where he made 3 brilliant saves in a row to deny a Cardiff striker. Whereas Guzan was constantly letting in soft goals.

Yeah they're dreadful when they're a low rating. My current keeper is only a 60 (I've signed a 68 coming in january on loan) and pretty much anything that isn't directly at him is a goal.

One thing I've found when it comes to keepers is to concentrate more on his individual goalkeeping rating rather than his overall rating. For example I have a keeper from the youth team called 'Agassi' (or something like that). His overall rating is only 69 but his goalkeeping rating is 84, he's actually pretty good and makes a lot of saves. 

He's better than keepers I've had with an OR of 75+, simply because those keepers had their ratings padded out on kicking and other on-the-ball stats. 

The same logic applies to other positions. For example I have a holding DM, some DM's on the game at 80+ have surprisingly poor ball winning and defensive prowess stats. I've had way more success with DM's in the mid to high 70s that have really high ball winning and defensive skills (rather than e.g. shooting, dribbling and passing). 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

Very true. I noticed that the regenerated Howard that I had, though while lower in OR than Guzan at the time was a significantly better shot-stopper due to his stats. He also eventually surpassed his OR within the season anyway.

• Like 1

This is the squad as it stands for my title push this year + Veretout and Bellerin who are there if you scroll down. I swear if I don't win it this year... :lol: . United are very good this season somehow, ugh. Memphis Depay is 25 at 90 OR and still developing. But he's got nothing on my boy Morata who's pushing 28 and "Still Developing", at 90 OR. Astonishing player.

uDEoQbV.png?1

• Like 1

Maybe it's the patch I'm using but I find the game somewhat challenging. I have nobody in my squad under 76 but almost no game is a foregone conclusion. Always have to tweak tactics and personnel and make astute subs to win most games, and occasionally need Embolo's brilliance to bail me out.

Stevo, you are right - took me two hours to do all of the premier league, and just the names in the Sky Bet!

i find manual shot/pass etc makes this game easier, I can open defences up by playing the ball in between defenders - whereas automatic pass usually sees it go straight to a defender.

18 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

One thing I've found when it comes to keepers is to concentrate more on his individual goalkeeping rating rather than his overall rating. For example I have a keeper from the youth team called 'Agassi' (or something like that). His overall rating is only 69 but his goalkeeping rating is 84, he's actually pretty good and makes a lot of saves. 

He's better than keepers I've had with an OR of 75+, simply because those keepers had their ratings padded out on kicking and other on-the-ball stats. 

The same logic applies to other positions. For example I have a holding DM, some DM's on the game at 80+ have surprisingly poor ball winning and defensive prowess stats. I've had way more success with DM's in the mid to high 70s that have really high ball winning and defensive skills (rather than e.g. shooting, dribbling and passing). 

Good tips, thanks.

My team is so poor at the moment that I've just been headhunting high OR all over the park. I might be better off focusing on stuff like this.

The only good players I have are my DM and my striker (top of the scoring charts by 6 goals)

• Like 1

@Stevo985 check out the site pesmaster.com and limit your searches to certain attributes, I find it very helpful. Alternatively you can use the advanced search feature in the game which isn't as intuitive but more accurate as it shows the players as they are in the game.

Also, sign Adama. He should be gettable I'd imagine and fairly cheap but if you persist with him and train him properly he'll blossom into a wonderful player.

• Like 2

I couldn't find him (I did look, as I did for other ex Villa players (ex in the game anyway))

If he's down as Adama that would explain it as I was looking for Traore!

I'll check that site out. I'm finding it pretty tough to find players who I can afford/attract who give me any significant improvement. I have a whole host of them coming in January but most are still below a 70 OR

Signing players is really difficult with the new patch IMO. Most of the time, talented young players with ratings of like 75 are pretty much unsignable, you have to bid like 5 times before you get accepted and then I get quoted a ridiculous price that I can't afford.

I really wanted to sign Adama, but he went to Palermo and they wanted £20m for him! I remedied that by getting Iturbe on loan, he's an absolute monster.

The in game search function is ridiculous. He's there, but try searching for "dama" or portions of names. I just searched for Traore and couldn't find him either even though he's definitely in the game :lol: 

Also try to sign a LB called Gutierrez but get him quick before he improves. Same goes for the CB Bazoer, though I'd imagine he'd be tougher to get since he plays for Ajax. 74 OR iirc.

• Like 1

Also, I might be doing something wrong, but can you see how much players are worth before you start negotiations? 

I seem to have to enter negotiations before it then tells me a transfer fee. Seems like a waste of time

I quite like being on the journey of building Villa back up from the Championship with a team full of unknowns. 

In my head it's me taking over the real Villa in about 3 years time...

Â