GENTLEMAN

Current squad which took 3 seasons to assemble, not counting youth like Sellars who I haven't managed to...sell. 

GK: Howard (77), Weidenfeller (76) (regens)
CB: Okore (79), Marquinhos (82), Varane (86), Bazoer (77)
RB: Korb (80), Bellerin (74)
LB: Amavi (82), Gutierrez (75)
DM: Gana (80), Kondogbia (88)
CM: Veretout (78), Westwood (78), Teixeira (83)
AM: Ozil (81), Gil (79), Odegaard (77)
WF: Adama (75), Felipe Anderson (83), El Ghazi (82), Larsson (81)
CF: Embolo (83), Rodrigo (81)

Youth on loan: Essien, Carrick (7M option to buy), Mexes, Aduriz

I like that you can't just horde players and you have to be really thoughtful in the transfer market and really understand your weaknesses as well as having to sell some players in order to finance some transfers. This summer Westy's gonna have to go. With little playing time he dropped from 80 to 78 despite not being "In Decline". I get regular 10M bids for him so I'll accept one of them this time if I get one. Also will probably sell Teixeira and use the money from the 2 transfers to buy a quality CM and promote Essien up to back-up/eventual replacement for Gana.

• Like 1

I found the legends a bit silly. I remember in my Villareal game I played Man City in the Champions League and they had Zidane and Ronaldo alongside all their other really highly rated players LOL

Makes it harder to beat them then..i enjoy it.

Any tips on this? I keep being 'sucker punched', dominate games but they get a quick break and score - a lot of the time I can't catch up and then it's impossible to break down their defence and I rely on long shots. Have just lost 1-0 4 times in a row lol

19 hours ago, DK82 said:

Got this. Where is the best  place to get a ps4 data/options download? Also can it be done?

It can be done but it's not as easy as just downloading a file and installing it. You have to download all the kits and add them in one by one.

You can do the kits and names in about an hour per league I reckon. Depends how detailed you get. If you start renaming managers, adding their pics, renaming stadia etc then you could spend hours doing it all.

Any tips on this? I keep being 'sucker punched', dominate games but they get a quick break and score - a lot of the time I can't catch up and then it's impossible to break down their defence and I rely on long shots. Have just lost 1-0 4 times in a row lol

I find playing wide down the wings is the best way to create chances. Tends to also open up the middle of the park for your AMs to exploit.

Fired this up today for the first time in ages after you guys got me interested again.

Cranked the difficulty up in Master League to the highest one. Promptly lost four in a row :D 

But I wasn't battered in any of them so I'm going to carry on with it. It's not like FIFA where it just feels like the computer is cheating when you put the difficulty up.

My big weakness that I'd like some advice on, is when the opponent's striker gets the ball with his back to goal, I'm always powerless to stop him. If I try and get the ball off him I foul him. If I stand off he just turns me every time and gets a shot away, which as we all know on this game is an almost certain goal, especially when I've gone for the default players so my keeper is quite shit.
How do I stop that?

• Like 1

I usually only play MyClub online 1v1s and don't bother playing the COM but the last few weeks I've been doing share play with a friend having 2 vs COM in the MyClub COM competitions and it's been great fun and a nice change of pace from the scripfest that is online pes. We have being putting together a team of players with good long shooting and trying to score worldys, Darren Gibson has a monster knuckle shot and James Mccarthy scored from just inside the opposition half. I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a good Co op experience on this game.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Fired this up today for the first time in ages after you guys got me interested again.

Cranked the difficulty up in Master League to the highest one. Promptly lost four in a row :D 

But I wasn't battered in any of them so I'm going to carry on with it. It's not like FIFA where it just feels like the computer is cheating when you put the difficulty up.

My big weakness that I'd like some advice on, is when the opponent's striker gets the ball with his back to goal, I'm always powerless to stop him. If I try and get the ball off him I foul him. If I stand off he just turns me every time and gets a shot away, which as we all know on this game is an almost certain goal, especially when I've gone for the default players so my keeper is quite shit.
How do I stop that?

What I normally do is stand off and anticipate the shot so I can put a foot in at the right moment. Doesn't always work, but it helps when I press the shoot button I think which calls another defender over to help out. So if I miss, it might get a deflection off of them.

I also turned up the difficulty to Superstar yesterday and it's hard, but more of a satisfying difficulty. I was worried about it being like FIFA like you said but I've been pleasantly surprised. Almost every game is hard fought, and wins feel so satisfying now. Holding onto 1-0 leads is actually a thing now, before it was just a matter of when I'll score next. Now, a goal is not guaranteed as I've had a few 0-0 draws so I sit on leads against the big sides sometimes. It means I'm nowhere near the title now :lol: but it gives me a goal to work towards which gives the game a longer lifespan. Great stuff in all.

• Like 1

What I normally do is stand off and anticipate the shot so I can put a foot in at the right moment. Doesn't always work, but it helps when I press the shoot button I think which calls another defender over to help out. So if I miss, it might get a deflection off of them.

I also turned up the difficulty to Superstar yesterday and it's hard, but more of a satisfying difficulty. I was worried about it being like FIFA like you said but I've been pleasantly surprised. Almost every game is hard fought, and wins feel so satisfying now. Holding onto 1-0 leads is actually a thing now, before it was just a matter of when I'll score next. Now, a goal is not guaranteed as I've had a few 0-0 draws so I sit on leads against the big sides sometimes. It means I'm nowhere near the title now [emoji38] but it gives me a goal to work towards which gives the game a longer lifespan. Great stuff in all.

Took me awhile to get used to top difficulty but now i find it easy tbh, barely lose any games think i conceded just 14 goals in 1 of the seasons.

Probably the reason why ill start a fresh ML using youngsters only

• Like 1

Just started my 5th season now, and I finished a disappointing 3rd after winning the CL and FA Cup double the previous season. Won the FA Cup again but got knocked out of the CL by Atleti in the quarters. Really strengthened my team though, as I bought Morata and Pogba in the summer as well as Lucas Moura in Jan. This season there are no excuses. Need to win that title, but it's not easy winning almost every game on this difficulty. Seriously, Chelsea won the title again with like 97 points. I got like 80. I only lost 5 times too (8 draws though so there's that). 

This summer I bought Hazard and I have a 33M deal for Messi I'm seriously contemplating. He's 31 but still rated 90. Got my eye out for Totti who retired at the ripe old age of 43 who hasn't regenerated as yet. Also shoutout to Adama who has 99 Speed and 99 Explosive Power now. Ridiculous player he's become. Still only 24 I think and can only get better.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I also turned up the difficulty to Superstar yesterday and it's hard, but more of a satisfying difficulty. I was worried about it being like FIFA like you said but I've been pleasantly surprised. Almost every game is hard fought, and wins feel so satisfying now. Holding onto 1-0 leads is actually a thing now, before it was just a matter of when I'll score next. Now, a goal is not guaranteed as I've had a few 0-0 draws so I sit on leads against the big sides sometimes. It means I'm nowhere near the title now :lol: but it gives me a goal to work towards which gives the game a longer lifespan. Great stuff in all.

Yeah.

Whenever I played it previously I was doing pretty well in Master League. I'd only played half a season but I was top 2 in the Championship after starting with default players. But the fact I'm just doing well because I've got the difficulty set lower always nagged at me.

Superstar means I don't have that nagging feeling.

Like you said, it's tough, but satisfying. I'm not having any problem scoring goals but keeping them out is the tough part for me. But then again defending has been my weakness in every sports game ever.
Cheers for the tip. I'll try standing off a bit more, although like I said I have tried that previously and they still seem to turn me.

• Like 1

Just started my 5th season now, and I finished a disappointing 3rd after winning the CL and FA Cup double the previous season. Won the FA Cup again but got knocked out of the CL by Atleti in the quarters. Really strengthened my team though, as I bought Morata and Pogba in the summer as well as Lucas Moura in Jan. This season there are no excuses. Need to win that title, but it's not easy winning almost every game on this difficulty. Seriously, Chelsea won the title again with like 97 points. I got like 80. I only lost 5 times too (8 draws though so there's that). 

This summer I bought Hazard and I have a 33M deal for Messi I'm seriously contemplating. He's 31 but still rated 90. Got my eye out for Totti who retired at the ripe old age of 43 who hasn't regenerated as yet. Also shoutout to Adama who has 99 Speed and 99 Explosive Power now. Ridiculous player he's become. Still only 24 I think and can only get better.

Neymar is the player i want but barca wont even start negotiations

Speaking of Gary Rowett, he's got his Chelsea side playing a completely different style closely resembling the fabled Alex McLeish Dutch 4-3-3 system. Currently have a 77 TS and I completely dismantled them 5-1 in the Community Shield. Looks like Chelsea's Moyes signing, and is probably my best chance of winning the title now. Unless of course they start to gel, but they're not steamrolling me at VP anymore!

Â