Fallout 4

Frobisher

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

How do you get him as a companion... 

You have to do a quest to

Spoiler

Rescue someone from Trinity Tower, To get it you need to listen to Trinity Tower Radio when you're in range.

• Like 1

Bought this yesterday, played a couple of hours.  I can tell this will consume my life for the next few months, who wouldn't love a cross between Skyrim and C.O.D !

I've done the first mission, then started mucking around on the workshop by building a few shelters.  About to head to the Diamond City once I've spoken to the settlers

Any general start-up tips/tricks for me ?

Around the houses is excessive, but a perimeter fence is not a bad thing. I've started making a horseshoe or square building around my perimeter  to limit access for raiders, bonus points if you then add an entry corridor with traps and turrets.

Best piece of advice for early on is get Paladin Clooney as your companion asap, he's a portable meatshield and gives you a weapon that is very strong with a few mods.

Before you scrap any weapons you find check their mods, it's always worth taking out the more powerful ones to save until you get a legendary version. You just need to remember to store the mods in a workbench.

Think I'm about 30 hours in & may take a break for a few days. Finding myself just whizzing through missions now & not really scavaging...as great as it is its doesn't really feel like I'm getting anywhere.

I'm the polar opposite. The only tasks I've done are get to diamond city and loads of cleaning up for the brotherhood of steel, which gets me exploring the map.

Loved the toy factory [emoji4]

I went to Diamond City pretty much straight away.  I've not completed a single Minuteman quest (I abandoned one half way through because I got lost looking for enemies in a big factory) and I've not met the Brotherhood of Steel yet. 

TUhzFd0.jpg

I've set up home base in Sanctuary, I figure the only real way in is via the bridge so I've fortified the hell out of that place, then I've made a token effort with the perimeter fence and the two main houses I've got stuff in. 

Ha yeah it took me ages to find the last few enemies in that car factory in the mission for the Minutemen. Thought I'd looked everywhere, outside and in...I, of course, had not. They were inside, upstairs.

Â