Witcher 3

lapal_fan

Love this game now, if that wasn't clear! Even if putting oils on blades is a right faff. Two different swords but about a dozen oils, and remembering which is which is a ballache. 

• Like 2

It does get it's claws into you... The oils on my playthrough were largely assists for more difficult fights, I never really came to rely on them at any point I can recall off the top of my head. With patience, you can beat pretty much anything with basic sword hits. I did a monster contract that I was massively under levelled and under prepared for fairly early on that I got through by basically constantly dodging and chipping away at the creature.

I'm still only Level 15, but went to Skellige to carry on building my Gwent deck, while still having all of the main quest line still to do.  The bare knuckle fighting bit is easy, and I don't think they've got it right, as you can very easily beat every single opponent no matter what the difference in levels.

Human opponents are the easiest in the game, regardless of the combat style. The only effect level seems to have is how much damage they do to you. But if you're one vs one you can almost guarantee you won't take any damage because you can dodge (although by far the most effective way to dispatch them is to us Axii and then chop them to pieces)

The only time they cause me any problems is when there's a lot of them. But even then you can usually burn them to a crisp using Igni.

yeah humans you can bomb, you can mind control, you can set on fire, dont remember ever having trouble with humans, even one of the later (well it was for me) triss missions where you end fighting about 20 of them 

wraiths were the hardest, need to get the set up right in terms of oils, yrden etc had a couple of long drawn out battles with them where i seemed to do hardly any damage

Playing through NG+ at the moment and loving it as much as I did on my first play through. The Heart Of Stone DLC is worth every penny too. It's as good as the main game even if there is no Ciri. Hope if they ever do any kind of sequel she gets her own game.

I've never really bothered with the armours, it feels like a lot of exploring for something that is only useful for a few hours. I love getting lost in caves as much as anybody but, no.

Â