The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

17 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

He couldn't help himself.

"When I was there, there wasn't a lack of commitment".

Come on Tim, you hammered the team after the Leicester game. Small time. Say nothing and you come out with some credit. People will blame the players.

Spurs got beat 5-1 by City at WHL when he was there. Ok that's a smaller margin but I'd say 2013/14 Spurs were closer to 2013/14 City than this Villa team are to the current Liverpool team.

rocket polisher.

23 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Come on Tim, you hammered the team after the Leicester game. Small time. Say nothing and you come out with some credit. People will blame the players.

Wasn't that more about the players lack of keeping possession although it was his crazy subs at 2 nil.

Regardless he praised the fans again. He dosen't have to do it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I agree with him. 

There were times we were out played and he **** up. But I never felt the players weren't committed. 

yeah one of reasons we are toothless now is their is no urgency or tempo from the players from get go and for me that is a lack of commitment. No team in football starts as slow as us and play at a snails pace

I appreciate the praise he gives the fans.

It doesn't make me suddenly forget the disastrous start to the season, but I do think it's a decent gesture. 

On the other hand, I wish he'd stop putting the boot into Garde. All he needs to say is something along the lines of 'as he's finding out, it's a difficult job at a tough club that has a lot of problems behind the scenes'. That way he doesn't humiliate himself or his successor, and it has the virtue of being true as well. 

• Like 3

I agree Hanoi. I felt he was very self-serving with those final comments tonight on MOTD2. He'd gone up a bit in my estimations with his positive comments about the fans, but there's no need knife Garde. His start to the season, and the obviously amateurish pre-season warranted his sacking. His wasn't up to the job of managing a Premier League team through a whole season, end of story.

Tim Sherwood in being Tim Sherwood shock. The cup final was just as embarrassing on a much bigger scale, if that was the players showing "commitment" then it's no wonder we are rock bottom currently. The 6-1 against Southampton was another. Surprise surprise BBC never took him on with those words.

• Like 2

He would be easier to get behind if he weren't so self-serving. Almost everything he says or does is to enhance the Tim Sherwood brand. He can't talk about his former team without indirectly giving himself a pat on the back and taking shots at his successor. Ironically he used to take shots at the "previous regime" while he was manager too. Even when he praises the fans, I suspect it's so that he can be praised for it rather than any genuine admiration for us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Poor little timmy must have forgotten the 4-0 battering in the fa cup and the 6-1 battering at southampton.

who wants a laugh?

Man Utd should replace Louis van Gaal with Tim Sherwood, says Paul Parker

By Nick Lustig

Last Updated: 16/02/16 5:28pm

Paul Parker believes Tim Sherwood would help Man Utd until the end of the season

Paul Parker believes Tim Sherwood rather than Jose Mourinho should replace Louis van Gaal as Manchester United manager until the end of the season.

Van Gaal's position has come under intense scrutiny in recent months, with widespread reports in the national press claiming Mourinho is set to land a three-year deal to replace the Dutchman at a salary of £15m-a-year.

Last Saturday's 2-1 defeat at relegation-threatened Sunderland left United six points behind Manchester City in the fourth and final Champions League spot with 12 matches of the season remaining. 

But Parker, who played for United between 1991 and 1996, is not convinced Mourinho has the right experience to help the team out of their current plight.

The former England defender believes ex-Aston Villa and Tottenham manager Sherwood is the man to provide United with the perfect short-term fix if they decide to part ways with Van Gaal before the end of the season. 

Jose Mourinho has been touted as a potential successor to Louis van Gaal

"United went from bad to worse this weekend. They certainly don't look like a team about to surge back into form and make a run into the top four of the Premier League. But bringing in Jose Mourinho? That is absolutely not the answer," he wrote in his Eurosport column.

"So to suggest that he could walk into a crisis situation at United and turn it around is absurd. That's something he's never done in his career, and this really wouldn't be the time to start. He's lost a huge amount of respect in the game, and I suspect the players at United hate the idea of him taking over.

Mourinho and United

A timeline of events involving Mourinho, Van Gaal and Man Utd

"Frankly, given how unhappy the players are right now, they'd be better off bringing in Tim Sherwood between now and the end of the season: someone to soft soap the players, give them a bit of a cuddle, get them feeling good about themselves once again. 

"Sadly, as we've seen with Tim, those sorts of managers don't work long term. And United need to start thinking about the long term as soon as possible, because if not they face the ultimate danger: turning into the new Liverpool."

Parker says United will not attract a big-name coach at this stage of the season

He added: "None of the other available big name managers currently out of work would fit the bill either. You could give someone like Fabio Capello a call, but he'd have all the same problems that Van Gaal has faced. He's too old school, he doesn't understand the modern game and how players need to be handled today. 

"There are plenty of guys out there who do - Diego Simeone, say, or Mauricio Pochettino - but none of them are going to leave at this stage of the season. There is just nobody out there who could come in, lift the dressing room, and then go on to build a brighter future for United."

Excuse me why I die of Laughter!

• Like 1

On 15 February 2016 at 07:11, dudevillaisnice said:

Tim Sherwood in being Tim Sherwood shock. The cup final was just as embarrassing on a much bigger scale, if that was the players showing "commitment" then it's no wonder we are rock bottom currently. The 6-1 against Southampton was another. Surprise surprise BBC never took him on with those words.

I think Tim Sherwood is delusional on this point of commitment.

Wembley final was the most uncommitted final I have ever seen.

• Like 1

Â