The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Get Frank De Boer in, he'll learn the players how to play total football Ajax of the 90's Style.

He will teach, they will learn....sorry for being pedantic:o.....just trying to help.

Ps     I will exercise my humility now, by explaining how poor my Swedish is.

My english really should be better after all the years ive been on Villatalk, Iam glad that you pointed out my mistake, so i learn.

Get Frank De Boer in, he'll learn the players how to play total football Ajax of the 90's Style.

He will teach, they will learn....sorry for being pedantic:o.....just trying to help.

there's nothing worse than a pedent ;););)

Bloody hell chaps, let's not revise history.

lambert produced teams that delivered eye bleedingly bad football for the best part of nearly 3 years.

during which time we suffered the biggest defeat in our history, went on the longest runs of consistent defeats, suffered cup defeats to minnows and had the worst record of any team in the all the top leagues in Europe!

thats just a smidgen of the lowlights.

Lambert was a scourge on the club, and as desperate as I am to see Sherwood gone, I don't dislike him anywhere near as much as I loathed Lambert.

Spot on. Lambert delivered some of the most embarrasing moments I've had supporting us. Sherwood is lurching towards those levels but at least he achieved a cup final and won a few derbies and kept us up. He needs to be relieved of his duties for his own sake and future prospects but nowhere as bad as Lambert.

If we lose to Chelsea then the chances of him leaving increase.

Some say Sherwood is dead man walking. I say, it's not looking good for him at the moment.

Useless, are you Boring James Milner?

• Like 3

I've been on holiday, so thankfully missed the Stoke game. 

But from what i've read Sherwood has already started to go the 'set up to not lose' tactic that Lambert deployed, despite being in the job a tiny amount of time. As well as turning on his own players. Throwing Crespo in the mix as an extra defender reminds me of McCleish. 

The omissions of Gil and Grealish looking baffling, while the morbid reliance on Sinclair, Westwood and Lescott is even worse. I can imagine Gabby will walk back into the side *shudder* as we cure Chelsea of all their poor form and ills by rolling a red carpet to our goal line. 

I can't tell you confidently if Tim is worse than Lambert, but all i know is most Villa fans won't give him long to find his feet, because we have simply had enough of the dross and bullsh*t this club serves up ever season week in and week out.

I wanted a new manager, I wanted a squad overhaul, we got both yet not a damn thing has changed!

I don't think the players we have signed are that bad, well except Lescott who is appalling, but clearly Sherwood has no idea what tactics or players he should be playing, but my god he needs to stick to one game plan and one line up for more than one game if those tactics and players are ever going to succeed.

I doubt the below side would get us a win vs Chelsea but I believe if we stuck to that - subbing in or out Ayew for Traore (based on where/how he played vs The Scum), Sanchez for Gil if we are being over run, Sinclair for Grealish if he is getting no joy, Gabby for Gestede. Surely the subs and options aren't that sodding mystical?

Gestede

Grealish - Gil - Traore

Vertout - Gueye

Amavi - Clark (or Okore) Richards - Bacuna

Guzan

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

He will teach, they will learn....sorry for being pedantic[emoji33].....just trying to help.

there's nothing worse than a pedent [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

From my experience non native speakers like to be corrected and don't understand why we get funny about it.

Anyway, Sherwood, boooooooooo!

With regards to Lambert, at least he's shown himself to be a manager.

Sherwood isn't even that.

I think comparisons between Lambert and Sherwood are mostly academic.  Neither so far seems stellar, but both struggled with big structural issues beyond their control. Benteke was unavailable to Lambert for a critical period last year, and Sherwood is having to rebuild on a shoestring without much management experience.

Edited by Plastic Man

With regards to Lambert, at least he's shown himself to be a manager.

Sherwood isn't even that.

I think comparisons between Lambert and Sherwood are mostly academic.  Neither so far seems stellar, but both struggled with big structural issues beyond their control. Benteke was unavailable to Lambert for a critical period last year, and Sherwood is having to rebuild on a shoestring without much management experience.

I find the comparison Harsh on Lambert. Fair enough it all came crashing down at Villa for Lambert, but Sherwood wishes he had back to back promotions and keeping a newly promoted team in the premier league under his belt.

• Like 1

There were many times that Lambert could have been sacked and with good justification but some, including those at the club, decided to keep hanging on in the slim hope that things would get better but over 3 years went by and they never did. Are we now treading the same dog s**t splattered path with Sherwood?

Bloody hell chaps, let's not revise history.

lambert produced teams that delivered eye bleedingly bad football for the best part of nearly 3 years.

during which time we suffered the biggest defeat in our history, went on the longest runs of consistent defeats, suffered cup defeats to minnows and had the worst record of any team in the all the top leagues in Europe!

thats just a smidgen of the lowlights.

Lambert was a scourge on the club, and as desperate as I am to see Sherwood gone, I don't dislike him anywhere near as much as I loathed Lambert.

spot on - a perfect summing up.

lambert at least did ok in his opening two seasons then flopped. sherwood has been poor throughout. For me he is not ready for management yet. He should be a number 2 somewhere or start in the lower leagues. I will thank him for keeping us up, lets face it he did save us last year but this year been found out to be very inexperienced and has cost us dear

Â