The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

The guy needs to be sacked immediately. I think I'm probably one of his biggest supporters here but he has actually gone mental.

Well, he's publicly undermining the club's 'senior' management big time, so it's really only a matter of time now, I can only hope we're currently in negotiations with his replacement. So we can ruthlessly sack him and get his replacement in immediately. 

• Like 1

But all that effort is being pissed away by consistently poor choices of manager.

this point is important and continuously overlooked. Simple question, when was the last time villa had a good manager?

Little was the last manager to win any real silverware. Although I think Gregory and MON were both decent.

I'm not sure if the club itself is the problem. I think, for the first time in quite a while, that behind the scenes things are getting better. As mentioned, we seem to be following the Swansea/Southampton model of investing in a squad of players in the expectation that a coach can come in and get the best out of them & then sell them on at a good price. I prefer this way of doing things as it maintains some continuity & doesn't require huge, expensive rebuilds every time a manager under-performs. It does mean a lot of comings and goings but that can be managed.

The key, as it has always been, is good player recruitment & finding the right person to manage the team. I think we're getting the former right, at least somewhat. But all that effort is being pissed away by consistently poor choices of manager.

Both Swansea and Southampton had time develop their philosophies whilst in the lower leagues. We do not have that luxury.  

The longer Sherwood stays the more likely it is that we will be having that luxury soon enough 

• Like 1

Yes it is. He's talking himself out of a job with every leaked comment, every media appearance, every single thing he does at the moment. 

One thing that amuses me is seeing people shuddering at the prospect of appointing 'Arry as manager. Newsflash, we've already got him here. 

• Like 3

The Birmingham Mail had quotes the other day from Sherwood pretty much confirming that the signings were not his. It's a surprise really, I mean who would have thought that he does not have an extensive knowledge of Europe's young players? Tim said himself that he'd been following these players for a long time and that he had final say on the transfers. Not like he's the sort of person to lie or anything.

Have you got a link, I'd be interested to see what he actually said.

Here under the third question

You can take the bits out of that to suit what ever view you want to go with.

As an example it says the majority of fans remain behind Sherwood!

Here is the article

http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/desperate-times-call-for-tim-sherwood

This article hhits a nail squarely on the head. Unprofessional and a terrible football manager to boot. 

Good luck to him. I think he will do very well in the short term. Beyond that I genuinely don't have a clue given he has never had to put his own squad together and buy/sell any players.

Until he proves he isn't up to the job then he gets my full backing.

You were very perceptive back in February, Mark. He did, as you predicted, do well in the short-term, but with the larger task of rebuilding a team and selecting XI's for games, long-term, he has struggled.

Is there anyone besides me on this board who thinks that Tim, if given enough time, would probably turn it around? I still don't think that time should extend past November, but even if it did, I suspect he would finally get his tactics straightened out. 

Anyone?

• Like 1

Is there anyone besides me on this board who thinks that Tim, if given enough time, would probably turn it around? I still don't think that time should extend past November, but even if it did, I suspect he would finally get his tactics straightened out. 

Anyone?

Not a **** chance.

• Like 2

The Birmingham Mail had quotes the other day from Sherwood pretty much confirming that the signings were not his. It's a surprise really, I mean who would have thought that he does not have an extensive knowledge of Europe's young players? Tim said himself that he'd been following these players for a long time and that he had final say on the transfers. Not like he's the sort of person to lie or anything.

Have you got a link, I'd be interested to see what he actually said.

Here under the third question

You can take the bits out of that to suit what ever view you want to go with.

As an example it says the majority of fans remain behind Sherwood!

The Birmingham Mail is whichever way you look at it very lazy journalism the majority of the time written by idiots who don't have a clue whats happening. Personally I think the majority of fans are pretty much against Sherwood now not behind him. 

Anyone?

theres no evidence to suggest that he has any idea what he is doing and plenty of evidence that he's Clueless so I'm not sure how you arrived at that opinion.

• Like 2

I wonder what the odds are that he  goes after we lose to Spurs on the 2nd November, it will be the second time he loses a job after that fixture. Spurs to win 3-0......

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

Anyone?

I think its personal for poeple if they think he can turn it around, like maybe they feel a little sorry for him. The more I think about it, the more I think its like the McLeish appointment, as in not really thought out. I mean, what were the board thinking bringing a inexperienced manager into one of the hardest managerial jobs in the league. We are now bringing experience in at board level, an then we decide to bring in a manager who has hardly any experience of first team management. How they didn't see through him at that interview I do not know. I have interviewed many a applicant and can see through all the bullshitters almost straight away, Sherwood im afraid, is one of them!

Anyone?

Yes me, and i have posted several times to that effect but whats the point. People have their opinions and we're not going to change them. 

• Like 2

Anyone?

theres no evidence to suggest that he has any idea what he is doing and plenty of evidence that he's Clueless so I'm not sure how you arrived at that opinion

He signed for Aston Villa. That suggests something good to me. 

Â