The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

This reminds me of Mourinho's first spell at Chelsea (the end bit, not all the winning stuff :)) it's becoming a joke and you know its going to end soon, its a game of 'who blinks first' 

Tim is holding out for the sack

Tom is hoping he quits.

I have a feeling this is one game Tim we win this season.

The Birmingham Mail had quotes the other day from Sherwood pretty much confirming that the signings were not his. It's a surprise really, I mean who would have thought that he does not have an extensive knowledge of Europe's young players? Tim said himself that he'd been following these players for a long time and that he had final say on the transfers. Not like he's the sort of person to lie or anything.

Have you got a link, I'd be interested to see what he actually said.

I can't remember who wrote the article but who else saw it where the writer tore into Sherwood? Basically saying he was "tactically garbage" & didn't have a clue. That all he was interested in was media coverage & image.

looks like he knew exactly what we'd get when being given the job

Edited by mightysasquatch

I know results have not gone our way but there is a lot of over reaction in here. We have lost points due to inexperience in some games and lost points from bad tactics in others. The Stoke and Liverpool games we employed tactics to nullify the opposition when both teams were there for the taking. We have been asking for a manager that changes tactics for a long time and now we have one it is not enough. 

I know a few West Brom fans who are not happy because of the football and look where they are in the table but Pulis was the better option? The grass always seems to be greener with us. We are where we are due to accumulative spend over the last few years. No surprise the top 5/6 budgets are the top 5/6 clubs. Sherwood is still a rookie and doesnt have a club ethos like Monk at Swansea. 

There is so much work to be done and I am still behind Sherwood, the league is strong this year or it at least hasnt settled yet and everyone is beating everyone. Atleast if we go down it will be with Sunderland and Newcastle. 

However saying that I am behind Tim is finite if he persists with Lescott, he is costing us games by being physically unable to do what he can mentally see. 

• Like 1

If he thinks by saying he did not sign these players he is passing the blame for our dismal results on to others, he is wrong. This is one of two areas, the other was keeping us up, that I gave him credit for. I was happy that he did not sign overpriced British players, and instead went for these promising, talented, young continentals. And I still like them. Along with Grealish and Gil we have a promising young team. Sherwood is the problem. He needs to play them together and give them the time and the opportunity to gel.

We are in danger of wasting a good transfer window.

Sherwood was happy at the time to take the credit for what many of us thought were very good, exciting signings, and signings which he supposedly had an in depth knowledge of, and had been scouting for years, now he is saying they were not his signings.

He is misreading what the supporters think as badly as he misreads the game.

What he does get credit for is supplying the bullshit to persuade them to join us.

Keeping us up and bullshitting appear to be his only achievements for us.

Yet another disappointing manager.

• Like 1

For me it smacks of him getting his excuses out there as he knows the end is nigh. He is trying to salvage his reputation with the Not my sigingings not my fault excuse. Self preservation. 

Gunna throw a grenade out there as no game to moan about. O'neil back job share with Ireland till the summer  ?? 

Personally I wouldn't want him near the club ever again, but given our position, lack of obvious candidates I'm interested in what peeps thoughts would be. 

He will be asked about signings in his next presser, I bet he says: "there is a team of us who work to bring in the best players." As he tries to slowly move the blame from himself. And this explains why he won't drop certain players or play others, he is sulking!

If he thinks by saying he did not sign these players he is passing the blame for our dismal results on to others, he is wrong. This is one of two areas, the other was keeping us up, that I gave him credit for. I was happy that he did not sign overpriced British players, and instead went for these promising, talented, young continentals. And I still like them. Along with Grealish and Gil we have a promising young team. Sherwood is the problem. He needs to play them together and give them the time and the opportunity to gel.

We are in danger of wasting a good transfer window.

Sherwood was happy at the time to take the credit for what many of us thought were very good, exciting signings, and signings which he supposedly had an in depth knowledge of, and had been scouting for years, now he is saying they were not his signings.

He is misreading what the supporters think as badly as he misreads the game.

What he does get credit for is supplying the bullshit to persuade them to join us.

Keeping us up and bullshitting appear to be his only achievements for us.

Yet another disappointing manager.

Yeah I mentioned this a few games back....he came out after one press conference and said the direction the club had decided to go with regards signing players in the summer so I instantly got the feeling he didn't want half of them.

If it was up to him Huddlestone, Andros Townsend and Vardy would all probably be playing for us now...I'll leave you to decide how much better off we'd be but not much better I suspect. Gestede does seem like his sort of signing though.

So I'm looking at another article that has no quotes attributed to the rhetoric, and I've seen it's suggested Tim is leaking these things to protect himself.

Can someone who is more involved in the media explain to me a situation where a manager has friends in the media and can dictate what might be written about, as it just seems a little 'farfetched conspiracy theory' to me. For one, it's assuming Tim is shrewd and calculated enough to carefully plant stories that help relieve the pressure on him. This is a guy who played a central defender in defensive midfield against a championship side.

Edited by a m ole

The Birmingham Mail had quotes the other day from Sherwood pretty much confirming that the signings were not his. It's a surprise really, I mean who would have thought that he does not have an extensive knowledge of Europe's young players? Tim said himself that he'd been following these players for a long time and that he had final say on the transfers. Not like he's the sort of person to lie or anything.

Have you got a link, I'd be interested to see what he actually said.

Here under the third question

The funny thing is, the summer signings were one area we gave him genuine credit for. And now that's gone as well :)

Most presumed he would go for overpriced tat from Spurs and were delighted that wasn't the case, it seems that would probably have been the case.

So true - there were loads of sarcastic "oh look, another overpriced Brit signing for us" comments being made.

Seems like Sherwood actually would've done that had he been fully in charge of transfers :(

• Like 1

Â