The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Mirror running similar story to yesterday's Daily mail ..basically Sherwood wanted players from Spurs but instead had Amavi etc forced on him...

Sadly, Sherwood has been labelled irredeemable, and no explanations will be seriously entertained. 

That said, if the story is true, it explains a lot.

Farrrk me! I give up, this gobshite of a manager didn't want the players we signed?

If it's true it would explain a lot about the shite he has dished up this season, crap selections, awful substitutions, sulking on the sidelines etc, etc.

We are going down under this manager, even though imo the squad is the best we have had since MO'N left the club.

Sack him now, even if it's BS because he isn't good enough.

Mirror running similar story to yesterday's Daily mail ..basically Sherwood wanted players from Spurs but instead had Amavi etc forced on him...

Sadly, Sherwood has been labelled irredeemable, and no explanations will be seriously entertained. 

I'm struggling to understand how even if he didn't get the targets he wanted this summer it excuses his performance as manager this season. The choice of players in the summer aren't an explanation for his frankly idiotic team selection policy or the decisions he is making in games.

If people were being critical of him for the players he signed and this turned out to be true then you'd have a point, only that isn't the thing people are critical of him for. If anything the accusation is due to him we are less than the sum of our parts.

And frankly given the absolute horlicks of a job he is doing on matchdays I think if the article is accurate I'll actually be glad he wasn't given free reign on transfers. 

I think you're confusing my idea of "explanation" with "excuse-making." Weren't most of us making the assumption that Tim had a big role in the summer signings? Are you disputing that? I don't recall many comments voicing the possibility that he never had much control. If that was indeed the case, it would partially explain his failure to grasp his own players' strengths and weaknesses. 

Well if this is all true, and it does whiff of truth, it means Fox will push the button sooner rather than later. I am glad that the club are finally choosing the players and not the egotistical manager. Could be we see someone a bit continental coming in to replace him.

I'm struggling to understand how even if he didn't get the targets he wanted this summer it excuses his performance as manager this season. The choice of players in the summer aren't an explanation for his frankly idiotic team selection policy or the decisions he is making in games.

If people were being critical of him for the players he signed and this turned out to be true then you'd have a point, only that isn't the thing people are critical of him for. If anything the accusation is due to him we are less than the sum of our parts.

And frankly given the absolute horlicks of a job he is doing on matchdays I think if the article is accurate I'll actually be glad he wasn't given free reign on transfers. 

I think you're confusing my idea of "explanation" with "excuse-making." Weren't most of us making the assumption that Tim had a big role in the summer signings? Are you disputing that? I don't recall many comments voicing the possibility that he never had much control. If that was indeed the case, it would partially explain his failure to grasp his own players' strengths and weaknesses. 

I think you are confusing my cynicism of Sherwood for confusion.

irrespective of if he had control of signings or not I don't think that in any way explanins the selections or tactical decisions he has made.

I thought Tim said he had the final say on the summer signings?

The excuses are coming in thick and fast (none of which are his fault) and he appears to be a deadman walking

What Tim says one week is different to the next.

We'll be hearing that Doris is to blame next.

• Like 1

I think Sherwood just has to go for it now, 4-2-3-1

Guzan,Hutton,Richards,Clark,Amavi,Gana,Sanchez,Gil,Traore,Grealish,Ayew and see what happens.  Change Sanchez for Veretout after 60 mins when he is blowing out his arse and maybe bring Gestede on for the last 15 if he needs to change the game and get the ball in the middle. I dont think we have a better option.

I agree with the first 7 words of your post

• Like 1

The funny thing is, the summer signings were one area we gave him genuine credit for. And now that's gone as well :)

Most presumed he would go for overpriced tat from Spurs and were delighted that wasn't the case, it seems that would probably have been the case.

Can only hope the reason he hasn't gone yet is that we are sourcing a replacement. Don't think it was any coincidence we saw Tim at Villa Park when Lambert was still in the job. Since we can't have Sam, let's have someone French.

• Like 1

If we all keep posting the same things over and over, will that expedite his sacking!? I'm just wondering if that's what's being aimed for.

IMO nothing will happen until the away following turns, and/or when the "**** off Sherwood...the Villa is ours" chants break out at VP. I think either the Swansea or Spurs match will be the end of him. 

Â