The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Big Sam in talks with Sunderland. He's not coming here.

Good!

I'm honestly surprised that anyone would turn their nose up at Allardyce.

In our current situation it would be foolish, you're right. As much as at heart I'm a "purist" right now what is important is staying in this league, and a percentages manager who gets results will do just fine.

Good!

I wonder if you will be saying that when they finish midtable come the end of the season and were heading for the trapdoor

Has Big Sam ever been relegated with a club? Even if we did get relegated he's actually managed in the championship so would have the experience to bring us back up

It would have been a no brainer as far as i'm concerned and a massive upgrade on Sherwood because he actually knows what he's doing

But he's unfashionable i guess and why would we want a manager who could get the best out of Gestede

Lets continue with Sherwood and his excuses up until Christmas and expect someone like Hiddink to come in and save us when were 10 points adrift

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 4

The disease is Lerner, relegation won't rid us of him.

Exaxtly. If he can't sell us now, he certainly won't be able to sell us in the championship.

I see a lot of people reference Newcastle and think that relegation is in some way a fresh start.

2 points on that, 

1) Relegation did not rid them of Ashley.

2) For every team that come straight back, there are 2/3 that don't.

There is absolutely no scenario in which relegation is a good thing. Imo.

Absolutely. It's also worth pointing out, what has happened to Newcastle since? One decent season proceeded by years of abject misery.

So what use is it to us in reality? Unless the suggestion is we go down and stay down. The squad is already half way through a rebuild, I'd rather we can do that and stay in the top flight than take the monumental risk of relegation.

Good!

I'm honestly surprised that anyone would turn their nose up at Allardyce.

Indeed.

We'd be lucky to have him given our current position

Good!

I wonder if you will be saying that when they finish midtable come the end of the season and were heading for the trapdoor

Has Big Sam ever been relegated with a club? Even if we did get relegated he's actually managed in the championship so would have the experience to bring us back up

It would have been a no brainer as far as i'm concerned and a massive upgrade on Sherwood because he actually knows what he's doing

But he's unfashionable i guess and we don't want a manager who could get the best out of Gestede

When Sunderland start looking like a good team, I'll be all like "woah, we should've gone for Allardyce" and will happily eat my "Good!" humble pie.

Until then, I'm really not bothered we've missed out on such a limited manager.  He may well be an upgrade on Sherwood, I don't really dispute that, but I'd rather get someone better in.

• Like 1

Looking at Tuckman's 5 stages of group development, (There's Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing and then finally Mourning...) - Seems that Tim doesn't understand or embrace this proven concept. It seems we've been stuck in the Storming phase are showing no signs of getting out of it. For the uninitiated, Forming is when a group comes together (or signed by the club - so pre-season), which was ongoing all through the transfer window. When a new member comes into a group, the cycle reverts to the forming phase. The storming phase is the power struggle in the group, people vye for position, like the leader, the alpha male, etc and disagreements can occur. Norming is when things start to settle down and a spot of group cohesion emerges, whilst performing is when everything is ticking along and the team are performing and getting results. Mourning is when someone leaves or the group is disbanded.

If I had to put a guess to it, I would say that we're at the storming stage, but knocking at the door of norming now. With a ridiculous amount of changes this was always going to be a long process. Whilst I think TS is rubbish and a chancer and that I would love to see him replaced with someone more capable, I just fear we'll start the cycle all over again with a new manager, it would probably be a quicker process, although sometimes an anomaly occurs and it the group sticks together and the process isn't repeated, it'll be just that "Performing" will be exaggerated.

TS needs to embrace this concept quickly because through the years it's been a proven model and example of how groups come together.

Neil Warnock, he has that required Premier League experience :P

I believe we asked for a proven track record :)  Being a pile of wank doesn't actually count.

• Like 3

We'd all rather get somebody better in. But how many better managers than Allardyce are available and will come to Villa? I bet the list is very very small.

Hard to say on "will come to Villa", but as I mentioned earlier, I'd rather see a foreign coach with new ideas come to the club.  Lucien Favre would be a coup and a half, for example.

Neil Warnock, he has that required Premier League experience :P

I believe we asked for a proven track record :)  Being a pile of wank doesn't actually count.

our last 3 managers had no track record but Premier League experience :(

Â