The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

On VT, yes, but not elsewhere -- except perhaps another Villa board. I think you greatly overstate that impetus to get rid. In general, I think we've been seeing in this thread a rather distorted picture of the real consensus, which is more like this: "We're very worried and hate his team selections but he should get a few more weeks." 

I'd point to the 80% of people who responded to the poll about whether Tactics Tim should go. What evidence are you using to suggest the overwhelming majority wish him to have more time?

That's a self-selected poll with a title using a derisory name for Sherwood. It indicates mostly that a large group of people on this dedicated-fan website have a strongly opinion on their current manager. I do not think that reflects majority opinion. As for evidence of a consensus, I'm mainly going off media reports, which may indeed be wrong. 

Seems like the media is finally mentioning him in a sack race. 

That was four days ago, actually. Which media are you referring to? Link?

What was Four days ago? The BBC article?  Bham mail did an article I believe ,as did TeamTalk and The Mirror.

Evidence? Oh, jeez, don't make me dig up stuff for you. I read and listen to anything I can get my hands on that's Villa news, and I'm telling you, this board is more extreme in its "Sherwood, Out" sentiments than the general consensus. Do you doubt that? Here's an example of an analysis that seems pretty darn sane and evenhanded -- not red meat for the gnashing dogs. But but but but ... things are changing. As I have said many days ago, if the press begins to turn on Sherwood, he will be gone. Lerner hates bad press far more than disgruntled fans:

2) Does the manager deserve more time to get things right?

Yes. Villa were in this position when he took over and in the most pressurised of circumstances Sherwood came up with the goods by keeping Villa in the Premier League after a period where they appeared to be sliding in only one direction. ‘Tim Sherwood is at his best when he’s backed into a corner,’ the manager said bullishly a fortnight ago. He’s right, because that achievement when time was running out last term should be admired.

Of course his record which followed the 6-1 drubbing at Southampton last season, the day that strangely saw Villa secure their top-flight status because of results elsewhere, has been poor and cannot go on forever.

Villa have lost eight of their last 12 games under Sherwood’s reign and if that run continues action will inevitably follow. There have been some strange selections, substitutions and systems this season and Sherwood must shoulder his share of the blame for Villa’s poor start.

What might have been, if only we had a competent manager in charge.

That seems harsh. You see him as incompetent? That's rubbish. He's not good, and he's had had run, and said stupid things in the press. But you don't get to where he has gotten in his career out of incompetence. 

If he keeps on the way he is then I think he's going to lose the dressing room before too long.

Well, yeah. How could he not? I agree. Clock ticks.

They need to fire this word removed out of a cannon, the most clueless and inept manager we've ever had in the premier league, and we've had some absolute shockers since this pile of shit competition began.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

Anti Sherwood sentiment is certainly stronger on here than I thought. Most of my mates  still have faith in him. 

But Im worried after his recent comments. 

No kidding.

I've taken slight liberties with the paraphrasing, but...

"We don't have any creative players unfortunately, just this worthless shower of cloggers that poor old me has to try and manage".

"These aren't actually the players I was really wanting to sign three months ago, but I guess I'm stuck with them and will take full responsibility 'cause that's the kind of guy I am".

Edited by CrackpotForeigner
  • Like 3

Anti Sherwood sentiment is certainly stronger on here than I thought. Most of my mates  still have faith in him. 

But Im worried after his recent comments. 

No kidding.

I've taken slight liberties with the paraphrasing, but...

"We don't have any creative players unfortunately, just this worthless shower of cloggers that poor old me has to try and manage".

"These aren't actually the players I was really wanting to sign three months ago, but I guess I'm stuck with it and will take full responsibility 'cause that's the kind of guy I am".

"Club is lucky to have a top geeza like me" effectively.

His ego is borderline cringeworthy at times. 

Just saying again, and I am not supporting him in the slightest, there are no quotes, he hasn't said anything more since the weekend and the article has nothing in the body that corroborates with the headline, it's all assumptions by the author.

now I don't know if it was leaked to the press by Tim, but I always doubt claims like that, and I'm also not arguing that Sherwood doesn't feel that way...

But there is nothing new here to be more annoyed or angry with Sherwood than anyone already was.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 3

That's a good point to be fair, but Sherwoods sly hypocrisy HAS been quoted after the Stoke match. 

"It's my fault I take responsibility" 

"Players aren't fit enough to play to my style" 

"They aren't creative enough, it was boring to be honest" etc etc 

Then suddenly these stories happen to crop up in the media, who Sherwood happens to get along well  with generally.

Bit too convienement for my likening. But I'm cynical. You made a valid point though. 

Just saying again, and I am not supporting him in the slightest, there are no quotes, he hasn't said anything more since the weekend and the article has nothing in the body that corroborates with the headline, it's all assumptions by the author.

now I don't know if it was leaked to the press by Tim, but I always doubt claims like that, and I'm also not arguing that Sherwood doesn't feel that way...

But there is nothing new here to be more annoyed or angry with Sherwood than anyone already was.

Thats what i was wondering! What has he said? Where are the quotes?

Ok. Tbf my link to the Daily Heil article led to a main page offering salacious gossip about, and photographs of, well-known large-breasted and/or rich people.

Laurie Whitwell, the author of that article, usually goes with obvious club projected stuff. He occasionally gets enough info to do the odd in-depth piece. What he has never dealt in however is conjecture and cheap hit-seeking. He is not James Nursey. If he has decided to go with a piece of that nature, then it must be from a well placed source. And the only person at the club who would have any reason to leak this is the manager (or somebody on his behest).

Now that might not stand up in a court of law but basic deduction suffices me in this instance.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

If the board are not sacking him, you desperately hope the club are sounding out a replacement during the international break. Sherwood is sending a confusing and negative message, which will not help the squad. Does anybody else feel like Tim has given up? 

Laurie Whitwell, the author of that article, usually goes with obvious club projected stuff. He occasionally gets enough info to do the odd in-depth piece. What he has never dealt in however is conjecture and cheap hit-seeking. He is not James Nursey. If he has decided to go with a piece of that nature, then it must be from a well placed source. And the only person at the club who would have any reason to leak this is the manager (or somebody on his behest).

Now that might not stand up in a court of law but basic deduction suffices me in this instance.

Don't you have a Twitter account mate? Swear I have you on Twitter and seen you tweet a similar rhetoric. 

Â