The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I actually like Sherwood and I like the set up he has put in place at the club. He made a lot of unproven signings who will take time to adjust, and has not replaced Delph, Cleverley or Benteke and he was never going to with the transfer budget he had available

50 million quid?

We spent that on about 11 players, it would have been £50 minimum to replace the quality of just Benteke, Delph and Cleverley like for like. Thats my point

I actually like Sherwood and I like the set up he has put in place at the club. He made a lot of unproven signings who will take time to adjust, and has not replaced Delph, Cleverley or Benteke and he was never going to with the transfer budget he had available

50 million quid?

Indeed. Where has this bollocks come from all of a sudden? I actually thought it was £55m. Not to mention Richards was on a free.

They bought ELEVEN players in. Quite a few of them sparking some excitement. At least 3 of them started off like a steam train too, Amavi, Gana and Richards. Adama too, though injuries have kerbed his progress.

He, or should I say they, have built a decent squad. I'm not buying this line that they're not good enough, particular not when the evidence is mounting that they are being mismanaged.

Richards, Amavi, Sanchez, Gil, Grealish, Westwood, Gana, Sinclair perhaps Veretout also have shown to some degree that they are more than capable. But they have not been granted consistency. They haven't been given the opportunity to gel. It's very disheartening.

• Like 4

His blaming the players

A lot of the players have been shit

....because of the setup and tactical inconsistencies.

some of these players were shit before under the previous regime like Gabby and Bacuna and some are just shit in general like Sinclair

50 million quid?

Indeed. Where has this bollocks come from all of a sudden? I actually thought it was £55m. Not to mention Richards was on a free.

They bought ELEVEN players in. Quite a few of them sparking some excitement. At least 3 of them started off like a steam train too, Amavi, Gana and Richards. Adama too, though injuries have kerbed his progress.

He, or should I say they, have built a decent squad. I'm not buying this line that they're not good enough, particular not when the evidence is mounting that they are being mismanaged.

Richards, Amavi, Sanchez, Gil, Grealish, Westwood, Gana, Sinclair perhaps Veretout also have shown to some degree that they are more than capable. But they have not been granted consistency. They haven't been given the opportunity to gel. It's very disheartening.

Richards and Amavi have looked decent at times but have made mistakes and Gil has look good at times. The rest on that list have looked disappointing to me most of the time, as have Guzan, Hutton, Bacuna, Agbonlahor, Lescott, Clark. Personally I think it's a very poor squad and nowhere near good enough to be a mid table side. But thats just how I see it

• Like 1

the impatience of some Villa fans is Newcastle like

I make that 4 managers now that threads or suggestions have been set up early in his reign to have him sacked

I think the expectation is too much as well. A lot of fans seem to think we should be mid table, if you look at the squad I think it's easy to see it's a squad that will be struggling at the bottom. There were many people who seemed to think we should be beating Stoke comfortably at home even though they were a team who finished 8 places and 16 points ahead of us last season and we are a team that has lost it's best three players in the summer and replaced them with not a lot if truth be told.

I make that 4 managers now that threads or suggestions have been set up early in his reign to have him sacked

I think the expectation is too much as well. A lot of fans seem to think we should be mid table, if you look at the squad I think it's easy to see it's a squad that will be struggling at the bottom. There were many people who seemed to think we should be beating Stoke comfortably at home even though they were a team who finished 8 places and 16 points ahead of us last season and we are a team that has lost it's best three players in the summer and replaced them with not a lot if truth be told.

I'm sorry but this is total nonsense.

I didn't expect to beat Stoke at home. I expected us to at least put up a fight and not play for a 0-0 from the start.

My expectation was not to be 4 points adrift of safety after 8 games, having had fairly easy fixtures.

I'll ask you again. Is our squad any worse than Norwich? Watford? Bournemouth? They all seem to be doing fine in mid table.

• Like 3

50 million quid?

We spent that on about 11 players, it would have been £50 minimum to replace the quality of just Benteke, Delph and Cleverley like for like. Thats my point

Why the hell would you replace "like for like" when we're a struggling club that needed improving in various areas?  If we invested £50m into a striker who cost £32.5m and 2 midfielders only, I'd be seriously worried about what the **** the club is trying to achieve.  We need to build a squad with assets whose value will increase then sell them on for more money and re-invest.

£50m is plenty to get Villa further than 18th having lost 2 players of note (Benteke, Delph) and numerous squad players.  Cleverley is a loss given where the squad was, but is so incredibly easily replaceable.  FWIW, I think Gueye is a much better player, just not fully settled yet.

LOL wow, we shouldn't expect to beat a poor Stoke team at home? 

Stoke have champions league winners in their squad. Sunderland I agree are a load of crap but Stoke really do have some very good players and a decent manager, they will not struggle this year.

Do you not see a common theme with those mangers? Did McLeish deserve more time? Lambert?

Though personally I thought Houllier did ok, you can understand the disdain given 3 years of challenging for champions league and being in the relegation zone the following January.

I'm sorry but this is total nonsense.

I didn't expect to beat Stoke at home. I expected us to at least put up a fight and not play for a 0-0 from the start.

My expectation was not to be 4 points adrift of safety after 8 games, having had fairly easy fixtures.

I'll ask you again. Is our squad any worse than Norwich? Watford? Bournemouth? They all seem to be doing fine in mid table.

Promoted sides have nothing to fear and everything to gain.  Norwich and Bournemouth are very, very settled squads who have belief in their managers.  Ours is entirely new by comparison, and it's showing.  Watford are doing remarkably well (I had them finishing 20th in a league prediction) given the turnaround they've had at the club.  Sometimes these things happen though.

There were plenty of comments of "if we don't beat Stoke at home then it's unacceptable".  That's the opinion of the fan base.  Many are in the same category as Newcastle and Liverpool fans who are regularly ridiculed to the same extent (for **** sake, people are mentioning Klopp and Ancelotti as potential next Villa managers - Benteke to Liverpool is a "sideways step" etc. etc.).  We massively over-evaluate our chances.

Not saying Sherwood is the right choice, but this absolutely happens.

Â