The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Yep. What we need is a pragmatic manager who will set the team on a course where we can start getting some **** results. We aren't going to finish higher than 15th, even with a manager change. But if we don't make a change, we are going DOWN. It's been 5 straight years of this flirting with relegation bollocks, and eventually we will simply GET RELEGATED. We have a manager who was useful in a short term, has a decent eye for young talent, but beyond that, has proven to be the number one hindrance to even drawing at home against crap opposition.

He needs to go. Now.

• Like 2

Its funny how we seem to attract  managers who can't seem to blend.

I look at Steven Davis, Ryan Bertrand, Routledge,Mark Albrighton just to name a few.........all doing better at their respective clubs than we could get out of them.

not good enough for us.....and yet they are playing in teams with far better form than us.

something is really wrong with our set up.

we change managers and still, the same old problems just persist.

Could it be that when we change managers we hire a tit whereas others don't? Just a thought. [emoji2]

• Like 1

What's noticeable in the media and on news sites is that the only people really talking about the end of the Sherwood reign are fan sites. It seems that it's a consistent position across pretty much all of the fan sites, but whilst just about everything fan is about whether he goes, nothing mainstream is. I wonder if a single bad result against Chelsea might swing that balance?

• Like 1

What's noticeable in the media and on news sites is that the only people really talking about the end of the Sherwood reign are fan sites. It seems that it's a consistent position across pretty much all of the fan sites, but whilst just about everything fan is about whether he goes, nothing mainstream is. I wonder if a single bad result against Chelsea might swing that balance?

I think after the Chelsea game it's entirely feasible that we'll be bottom of the table. That'll prompt a few outlets to take notice I'm sure.

I think after the Chelsea game it's entirely feasible that we'll be bottom of the table. That'll prompt a few outlets to take notice I'm sure.

£5.5 Billion TV Deal round the corner, Its Not the season to be Relegated!

This thread just plunges deeper and deeper into absurdity.

Sack him for losing the Chelsea game?

Yes, because we normally always beat them at Stamford Bridge and Chelsea really are the sort of squad that any premier league team should be looking to beat.

• Like 2

Tim is the press's dream which probably gets him a stay of execution from them, plus there have been other managers under more immediate threat.  And they probably don't give a shit about Villa.

Yes, because we normally always beat them at Stamford Bridge and Chelsea really are the sort of squad that any premier league team should be looking to beat.

That's a very strange conclusion to come to.

I don't think you'll find a single person wanting him sacked for just losing the chelsea game. It's the 15 or so games that have preceded it that people are worried about.

Losing the Chelsea game would just mean we're further cut adrift.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

It is you're right but then is that really surprising? I think there are several reasons why so far Sherwood has escaped the scrutiny of the press.

The first and hardest to swallow is the fact that Villa being in the bottom three and struggling isn't news or new, there is no sense of shock there and so not much of a story.

We know most of the media don't really know what is going on at clubs outside a select few, they don't really know the mood of the fans or the nuances of performance of players or managers.

Put simply we just aren't on their radar, it's not a big enough story so Sherwood and his woeful performance hasn't appeared on their radar yet.

This is compounded by the teetering on the brink of Rodgers, the troubles of Jose and Wenger, the when will Dick pull out of Sunderland and the general mirth of the media at Steveee McLaren.

The media will soon sense blood in the water around Sherwood and then the will be on him like Redknapp's finger prints on his dog's Swiss bank account.

Until then Sherwood will go on being allowed to spout his cobblers to the press unchallenged.

The only question is will the muttering a on this and literally every other site turn into something more tangible in the ground before they do.

Obvioulsy when or if that happens certain members of the media will call us fickle, say we need to give a manager time and various other stuff while endlessly quoting Delph and Benteke while completely ignoring Sherwood's performance, results, decisions and frankly increasingly ridiculous media comments.

Such is life when you've been a club in decline as long as we've been.

• Like 1

Tim is the press's dream which probably gets him a stay of execution from them, plus there have been other managers under more immediate threat.  And they probably don't give a shit about Villa.

And that just shows how much the club has fallen. In the media's eyes we are, seemingly, little short of a complete nonentity

I think the extent of the rectal damage inflicted by Chelsea combined with being possibly 7 points away from 17th that might spell the end. Not just losing to Chelsea, if we get destroyed there and Albion and Bournemouth win then things will look very very bleak.

Bournemouth are away at City though so that's some small consolation. 

This international break is like eing on death row btw, the Chelsea game just looks more and more and more ominous to me. 

That's a very strange conclusion to come to.

I don't think you'll find a single person wanting him sacked for just losing the chelsea game. It's the 15 or so games that have preceded it that people are worried about.

Losing the Chelsea game would just mean we're further cut adrift.

Exactly, it's just proof of a very worrying trend particularly if we get hammered which is quite likely.

It is you're right but then is that really surprising? I think there are several reasons why so far Sherwood has escaped the scrutiny of the press.

The first and hardest to swallow is the fact that Villa being in the bottom three and struggling isn't news or new, there is no sense of shock there and so not much of a story.

We know most of the media don't really know what is going on at clubs outside a select few, they don't really know the mood of the fans or the nuances of performance of players or managers.

Put simply we just aren't on their radar, it's not a big enough story so Sherwood and his woeful performance hasn't appeared on their radar yet.

This is compounded by the teetering on the brink of Rodgers, the troubles of Jose and Wenger, the when will Dick pull out of Sunderland and the general mirth of the media at Steveee McLaren.

The media will soon sense blood in the water around Sherwood and then the will be on him like Redknapp's finger prints on his dog's Swiss bank account.

Until then Sherwood will go on being allowed to spout his cobblers to the press unchallenged.

The only question is will the muttering a on this and literally every other site turn into something more tangible in the ground before they do.

Obvioulsy when or if that happens certain members of the media will call us fickle, say we need to give a manager time and various other stuff while endlessly quoting Delph and Benteke while completely ignoring Sherwood's performance, results, decisions and frankly increasingly ridiculous media comments.

Such is life when you've been a club in decline as long as we've been.

:clap:

Yep, it is pretty unilateral amongst fans... but aagain, like our last manager its only the fans making the noise.

It's right about now he should pull it out of the bag against Chelsea then Randy knights him with a 10 year contract extension.

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I've just read Sherwood's quotes regarding the summer transfers

"The club decided we were taking the club a certain route (this season) and that we would look at young players.

"Some of these guys I've only seen them play six or seven times and in a few friendlies and I'm trying to get the best out of them."

Seems to contradict everything he has previously said (what a shock) about how he'd been following all our signings for a long time and that he had the final say on all transfers. 

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I've just read Sherwood's quotes regarding the summer transfers

"The club decided we were taking the club a certain route (this season) and that we would look at young players.

"Some of these guys I've only seen them play six or seven times and in a few friendlies and I'm trying to get the best out of them."

Seems to contradict everything he has previously said (what a shock) about how he'd been following all our signings for a long time and that he had the final say on all transfers. 

Yep. At one point or another he's telling porkies.

Â