The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Prefer that to a manager who plays for a 0-0 at home and doesn't even manage it.

Haha good point mate. Not sure I could cope with having 30% possession at home every week though. With the mess we're in now Pulis seems like a good idea but I think a lot of people would get up with him after a few months.

Tim will turn it around, you'll see.

He aleady has. We finished 17th last season and we are now cut adrift in 18th . Genius.

4 points after 8 games? Get a grip!

I really doubt Randy Lerner and Tom Fox are going to make some kind of dynamic, exciting, whipsmart move anytime soon. We'll have to get right fugged before that'll happen. Remember that they're the pair who brought us ... Tim Sherwood. 

Bring on Wolves! Bring on the Noses! 

:(

Carlos Ancelloti

He's managed the Best.....what  about having a rest.

come and manage us.

no interviews, no autograph hunters, last on match of the day, you won't have to explain yourself, and its probably a 12 month contract..... a company manual full of "get out of jail" quotes....you won't have to think.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Remember that they're the pair who brought us ... Tim Sherwood. 

Who kept us up against the odds and to an FA cup final.

Edited by jim
  • Like 2

It depends what the overall think is from the board, but I can't argue that he is in a hole

every game we lose moving forward, is making a harder job for a new manager to rescue  the situation.

However, I do have my doubts that anyone can rescue us.

Come on TRO you can't honestly believe the current squad are not better than results suggest - Surely?

I think we have a much better squad than last season and with the right set up could climb the table to finish somewhere between 10th and 15th and comfortably outside the relegation places. Obviously current results don't suggest that but I don't think many people were predicting we would be struggling in the fashion we are during the summer. 

I am genuinely unsure.....I think we lack leaders, players with a fighting spirit....they look happy for the responsibility to be someone elses.

If they could address that and find some fight, they would look much better......I am not doubting their technical ability....its the character, I'm unsure about.

I agree with the character remark to a point but isn't the trick as a manager to allow your players to express their talents/character etc. This is where Sherwood is falling down imo. He has left our most creative players on the bench in recent games and in essence restricted the flow of a positive approach to games. The character of the players isn't the problem here I don't think. It would also not surprise me if most the players are starting to question Sherwoods methods. We all know that once the players believe the manager is talking out his arse and not playing their idea of the strongest team or tactics, they will stop listening. I think this is starting to happen and is why individual performances are now suffering and not just the team.

look, I can't say you are wrong in what you say.

Its ultimately down to the manager directly or indirectly......6 goals have cost us 18 points...... 6 bloody goals.

I struggle ,when we talk about the quality of corners or strikers or anything that is offensive....and I'm not saying folk don't have a point.....but we can't defend.

(......and yes I'm one that wants to see Gil in the team..... we need a No 10)

The attack, the midfield, the defenders......................can't defend.

See I also don't think it's that we can't defend but that we are now relying on our defence too much as we did under Lambert. The cautiousness in our approach is leading to nervousness and then a situation whereby our forward movement is restricted due to this. We then become too narrow and easy to contain for the opposition before we lose possession and put our defence under again. It's a continuing saga that plays out every Sat. We never stretch teams out wide instead trying to play through them most of the time. It's no coincidence imo that our better performances and passages of play are when utilising the width- especially at home.  

What we do know is that being too cautious isn't going to breed any sort of confidence in the players, and until Sherwood starts to trust in the attacking players to do their job and allow the defence to do theirs he will continue to fall over. We will all keep questioning and debating the same stuff every week. 

• Like 1

The situation whereby the team in 17th have double our points tally is already precarious enough to warrant an instant managerial change. Doesn't appear like that will happen so Swansea will be the next milestone. After we fail to beat them (of that I have no doubt) we will be at least 6/7 points adrift. That will be the final cut-off point in my opinion. If the board dither after that, then we are ****ed I suspect.

• Like 1

Remember that they're the pair who brought us ... Tim Sherwood. 

Who kept us up against the odds and to an FA cup final.

Well either him or Benteke, take your choice

To be fair we had a decent new manager bounce and a nine games spell where we picked up 16 points from a possible 27 and we had a great performance against Liverpool

In the next 10 games he's picked up 4 points from a possible 30 and had a dreadful performance against Arsenal

There is nothing at all to suggest that the direction of travel is anything other than down

Personally I can't see any prospect of a win in the next five games - 4 points from a possilbe 39? He should be shot for that not sacked

The chances of him turning this around are remarkably slim, the chances of the new manager being in such a deep hole that survival is impossible is immense

"We will never be in this position again" to "I have no idea of my best formation or best team" in lightning time

The next headlines will be about how the board or the club have not backed him, his ego will find it impossible to admit that he has not got what it takes

Turns out those Spuds fans were right all along - the blokes is a charlatan and needs to be sacked

Edited by VillaCas
  • Like 4

The last thing we need is another sorry depressed post.

This team has broken me.

Its not the team that broken me, but the full setup around it.  Think im lower now than i ever was under McLeish?

I am, I think. The current apathy I'm feeling is worse than the anger I felt back then. 

Amongst all of the strange decisions, tactics and formations that Sherwood has made so far, the mere fact that Kozak doesn't even feature in the squad, let alone the team, is a big enough to reason to question his judgement.

He need to be gone now, before its too late.

• Like 2

It depends what the overall think is from the board, but I can't argue that he is in a hole

every game we lose moving forward, is making a harder job for a new manager to rescue  the situation.

Come on TRO you can't honestly believe the current squad are not better than results suggest - Surely?

I think we have a much better squad than last season and with the right set up could climb the table to finish somewhere between 10th and 15th and comfortably outside the relegation places. Obviously current results don't suggest that but I don't think many people were predicting we would be struggling in the fashion we are during the summer. 

I am genuinely unsure.....I think we lack leaders, players with a fighting spirit....they look happy for the responsibility to be someone elses.

If they could address that and find some fight, they would look much better......I am not doubting their technical ability....its the character, I'm unsure about.

I agree with the character remark to a point but isn't the trick as a manager to allow your players to express their talents/character etc. This is where Sherwood is falling down imo. He has left our most creative players on the bench in recent games and in essence restricted the flow of a positive approach to games. The character of the players isn't the problem here I don't think. It would also not surprise me if most the players are starting to question Sherwoods methods. We all know that once the players believe the manager is talking out his arse and not playing their idea of the strongest team or tactics, they will stop listening. I think this is starting to happen and is why individual performances are now suffering and not just the team.

That's my worry too. I have this horrible feeling he has lost or is well on the way to losing the players.

Surely this repeated chopping and changing and the absence of any clear or consistent tactics must be affecting them? If the fans can see it what about the players?

• Like 1

Yes thats my take on it. The players with the fighting spirit like Delph and Cleverley have been replaced by technically good players but as yet haven't shown the same character.

Yes thats my take on it. The players with the fighting spirit like Delph and Cleverley have been replaced by technically good players but as yet haven't shown the same character.

Not sure I agree Paul for the reasons stated in an earlier post. I think the manager isn't playing a system/line up to our or the players strengths.

You could also argue that Delph and Cleverley didn't exactly have anymore fighting spirit than say, Gana or Sanchez who I think are better ball winners. Gana has certainly shown he can put it about. As for character both the two you mentioned done a runner at the first opportunity in the summer and both were in teams that got slaughtered by the opposition at times when playing for us.

Our issues are not due to the players character if anything the managers character is more questionable imo.  

Â