The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Sam Allardyce last season started like a storm trooper and the second half of the season west ham could of gone down.

stop panicing to anything but the status quo....its cheap solution searching.

Perhaps he might get a chance at Chelsea.

Don't particularly want Allardyce but the turn in form for West Ham started around the time it became clear his contract wasn't to be renewed. The owners completely undermined his authority.

• Like 1

Big Sam would at least know what he is doing and have a gameplan that he would stick to

I think Sherwood is completely clueless every week the team changes

Considering we have alot of new players it can't help surely

Edited by AshVilla

I was a strong advocate for giving Lambert more time (and also backed McLeish to be given a fair crack of the whip) as firstly we were never cut adrift in the table and secondly he was working on a shoestring and I felt any other manager would struggle to under the same circumstances

Sherwood has had close to £50m to invest and yet we are already falling away from the pack quite dramatically and showing signs of going backwards - this is after his promise that we would never be in a relagation struggle again

Sherwood was the wrong choice to begin with and every further game he stays will put another nail in our coffin.  Sherwood will never manage in the Premier League again

Blaming the players fitness was the last straw for me - I wonder how loyal they are feeling to him right now?

Time to go whilst we can still be saved - there are plenty of better managers avialable

• Like 2

Don't try to make the poor results, fit a problem.....because non of us know ,we only summise, its our opinion only.

Nobody is making anything fit a problem.

It;s quite clear that the manager is the problem, because he continues to make terrible subs, sets us up awfully, says the players aren't fit enough in October and still doesn't know his best XI.

He's a fraud.

Don't try t make out that you know best and that we're all embarassing because we want this total fraud out of the club.

It's patronising nonsense.

• Like 3

Don't try to make the poor results, fit a problem.....because non of us know ,we only summise, its our opinion only.

You don't have to make poor results fit a problem. It is a f***** problem. Its a results business, See Leicester, very average team, results coming through a manager they all like and understand

• Like 2

Sam Allardyce last season started like a storm trooper and the second half of the season west ham could of gone down.

Don't particularly want Allardyce but the turn in form for West Ham started around the time it became clear his contract wasn't to be renewed. The owners completely undermined his authority.

Seems like Sam is enjoying his time off...... would he want to join what could be deemed as a " poisoned Chalice" not sure any manager worth his salt would want to join a club that gives a manager the short space of time we are predicting with Sherwood......It would not surprise me, if he does go shortly, we could have a real problem attracting anyone decent. 

I'm going to try and let my head rule my heart here, not vice versa!

The evidence is that it's clear he doesn't have a clue, changing from 3 centrebacks to 2 half way through a game, when one of those players is playing his first premier league game is yet another example in the growing catalogue of cock up this manager has made, the goal against clearly shows it with the centre backs being too far apart. 

Refusing to play his strongest team from the start is another shocker.

When I saw the line up today my immediate thought was "He's panicking and he doesn't know what to do".

Playing ultra defensive at home to a Stoke side that hasn't won away all season is baffling. We're the home side, we should be taking the game to them.

His constant re-jigging of the tactics, formation and shape every 45 minutes is not going to help a team of largely new players settle and get into a rhythm with each other, all it will do is have a de-stablilising effect, result in poor results.

It's almost as if he's trying to figure out how to play Football Manager.

There's too many previous errors that he's made to suggest that he even has a clue about how to manage a premier league football club. His post match interviews are scatty at best, he changes his opinions on why we lost far too much.

This man is displaying traits that suggest to me he's not quite the full shilling, believes in his own inflated ego with a few psychotic traits and possibly ADHD. As soon as he realises he's not a successful Football Manager, or a competent one at that the better.

He really needs to be gone and have an adult take charge of team affairs.

One thing I will say though, and we saw the same in Paul Lambert which makes me think Paddy Reilly is the main player acquirer that under him we've signed some cracking players. Maybe time we had a Manager that actually knows what to do with them.

My thoughts entirely...great post.

Great post /

Seems like Sam is enjoying his time off...... would he want to join what could be deemed as a " poisoned Chalice" not sure any manager worth his salt would want to join a club that gives a manager the short space of time we are predicting with Sherwood......It would not surprise me, if he does go shortly, we could have a real problem attracting anyone decent. 

Your right

Lets give him another 10 games then we will be 10 - 15 points adrift at the bottom league by then

I don't think we will have any problems attracting anyone decent at that stage and Klopp will jump at the chance of managing us

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

If we go for Allardyce we'll just be going in circles, playing the same old style of football that gets us nowhere. If we're going to go British then I think Rodgers would be the best choice.

Completely disagree.  I think Rodgers would be going round in circles.  We will try play out from the back,  try to play with the ball on the ground,  concede loads of goals and struggle to break teams down. The fans will get annoyed and we will be calling for him to be sacked in 6 months time.   At least with Fat Sam he will lay the foundations down for a manager with flair to then progress it.  Were a bit of a mess in our current state,  I have more faith in Fat Sams ability to stable the ship than Rodgers.  In an ideal world I'd quite like Fat Sam for a few years then get Rodgers in.  

The poor results ARE the problem. You keep saying that Sherwood should get more time, but given that he himself had said that he doesn't know what his best team is yet how much time would you give him? How many matches should we lose? How many more points adrift should we be?

It;s quite clear that the manager is the problem, because he continues to make terrible subs, sets us up awfully, says the players aren't fit enough in October and still doesn't know his best XI.

He's a fraud.

Don't try t make out that you know best and that we're all embarassing because we want this total fraud out of the club.

No, Its not Clear, if it was he would be gone......Just like it is not Clear Jose Mourinho Is the problem.

We have brought in 13 players.....is it any wonder he does'nt know his best team......do you know his best team.....I don't.

He is working to find it.

I think he should settle for a settled team and run with it, but thats just my opinion......some one else would say its not working change it.

There is no simple answer to all this......and if you think changing the manager is the answer......you are simply playing the Lottery.

Edited by TRO

We haven't had a proven manager in god knows how long. Lambert, McLeish, and Tim were all out of their depth. Lambert and McLeish were two managers who were more accustom to the Championship and Tim was a complete wild card which didn't work out in the long term. I think it's time we bring in someone who knows the league and knows how to get points in it. Sam is the best choice. Even if Rodgers were available, Sam would be the smarter choice. Sam has dealt with the league for years and has been through it's ups and downs. We need a veteran if we want to stay up. 

He's a fraud.

No, Its not Clear, if it was he would be gone......Just like it is not Clear Jose Mourinho Is the problem.

We have brought in 13 players.....is it any wonder he does'nt know his best team......do you know his best team.....I don't.

He is working to find it.

I think he should settle for a settled team and run with it, but thats just my opinion......some one else would say its not working change it.

There is no simple answer to all this......and if you think changing the manager is the answer......you are simply playing the Lottery.

I can't agree with a word of this......when he was buying players surely this was with some plan of how they would slot into a system. To make out that he is somehow diligently working through the combinations until an "amazing team" clicks into place is a 'false narrative'. He does not have a clue and is no closer now than he was 6 games ago. In fact we are getting worse not better

Of course changing the manager is a lottery and it should be something that is not undertaken lightly but if Sherwood doesnt go then relegation won't be a lottery, it will be a certainty

• Like 1

You don't have to make poor results fit a problem. It is a f***** problem. Its a results business, See Leicester, very average team, results coming through a manager they all like and understand

Of course its a results business............but what none of us know is how you get those results.

Raneiri's methods, might be different from Pearsons, but he has just arrived on a wave of positivity and kep't it  going.......how do you know the train might come of the rails in months to come.

How do you know the players like and understand him.......because he's getting positive results?

I can tell you.....not all of the players liked Ron Saunders ( Andy Gray & Bobby Mac) didn't stop us getting results.

He's a fraud.

He's a Fraud........and you know that do you?

Â