The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

not sure blunderland is attractive to Fat Sam.  Would have thought they'll go for Pearson

Real issue with Sherwood is we are down already,  he has done the damage and we wont come back from this.  In many respects for me appointing a new manager now is not about this season it's about next and trying to put something together to mount a serious promotion challenge to get us back at the first hurdle.  For a manager to come in and really assess what he has ,  talk to them and see who wants to stay,  target who he needs next season and get us out of the championship.

I think our squad of players is better than at least 3 teams in this league, the issue is the man leading them. So whilst I agree that we are heading down as it stands, I can't agree that the damage has already been done. The longer Tim remains at the helm however, the harder it will be to turn around for the new Manager.

Maybe. Maybe not. If Sherwood is to blame for helping these players improve as a team, the longer he stays, the better, provided he can get out of their way and make better subs/starting XI's.

We need to hope that a few other teams go on bad runs during our tough run of fixtures. If we're still within touching distance towards the end of December then we'll have a chance. But first things first we need to get in a decent Manager.

Edited by useless

We hadn't conceded by half time. Ayew and Veretout look like they are improving. Crespo is fit and playing. Guzan looks back on form. Richards is looking decent (despite my early season concerns) and Gestede is a finisher. Other than that, we seem in decline. 

Since his first game on February 21st we've won 6 league matches. West Brom (h), Sunderland (a), Spurs (a), Everton (h), West Ham (h) and this season Bournemouth (a).  We've drawn 3-3 at home with a QPR team who had barely scored away all season, and lost against John Carver's Newcastle, Stoke (twice), Burnley (h), 6-1 against Southampton, and absolutely capitulated in the cup final.

Not great is it...

no it isn't. 

I just worry about who we would get...

not sure blunderland is attractive to Fat Sam.  Would have thought they'll go for Pearson

Real issue with Sherwood is we are down already,  he has done the damage and we wont come back from this.  In many respects for me appointing a new manager now is not about this season it's about next and trying to put something together to mount a serious promotion challenge to get us back at the first hurdle.  For a manager to come in and really assess what he has ,  talk to them and see who wants to stay,  target who he needs next season and get us out of the championship.

I think our squad of players is better than at least 3 teams in this league, the issue is the man leading them. So whilst I agree that we are heading down as it stands, I can't agree that the damage has already been done. The longer Tim remains at the helm however, the harder it will be to turn around for the new Manager.

Maybe. Maybe not. If Sherwood is to blame for helping these players improve as a team, the longer he stays, the better, provided he can get out of their way and make better subs/starting XI's.

Have you quoted the wrong post? Neither myself or Richard have suggested that Sherwood is 'helping these players improve as a team

The exact opposite is true IMO, the players are better than they are performing due to the ineptitude of the Manager.

Lots of bookmakers have suspended betting on sherwood going , is that normal or is something happening

Seems like there's a limited amount of bookmakers on any manager to be sacked next. Can still get 25/1 for Sherwood to be the next one to go.

Edit: Ok seems something is happening as everything is being suspended now.

Edited by jasoncb

The absolute last thing we need is to replace Sherwood with a guy with no track record because of his record as a player.

Viera might be a great manager but we are in no position to gamble to find out.

We really need a manager with proven premiership experience. No more gambles on up and coming managers, managers with one good season or anybody whose managed well in other leagues. I'm not asking to be shot up the league, just somebody who'd instill some stability, who'd make us at least hard to beat. As opposed to being the team everybody wants to play against.

Yea, heaven forbid we went for someone like Pellegrini or Koeman or Pochetino. All those crappy managers that had no Premier League experience prior to taking their first job in the Premier League.

And the team is getting better?

What have you been watching?

we're getting worse if anything. 

Then please elaborate how the team is getting better, did you even watch the stoke game?

No question about it. Did you watch the team at the beginning of this year? We looked rusty as hell. We looked like a collection of strang4ers. We're more fluid, faster, and better gelled.  

Â