The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Sorry Tim, but please do the honourable thing and resign.

it will look good on your CV that you saved us from relegation and got us to a cup final. If a new manager comes in and gets results you can always say that you wasnt given enough time

what happens from now on if you stay will not look good for you.

AVFC owe you a BIG thank you for saving us last season, but you should quit while youre ahead. I can only see downhill from here on in.

thanx again

No chance he will resign, his ego won't allow it.

Sorry Tim, but please do the honourable thing and resign.

it will look good on your CV that you saved us from relegation and got us to a cup final. If a new manager comes in and gets results you can always say that you wasnt given enough time

what happens from now on if you stay will not look good for you.

AVFC owe you a BIG thank you for playing Benteke to his strengths, but you should quit while youre ahead. I can only see downhill from here on in.

thanx again

Corrected for you

• Like 3

A quote that shows just how naïve and stupid he is...

"We are trying to find the right. You can't persevere with a team that hasn't won.

You have to keep jigging it around and find the right solution"

Taken from th OS.

The man is an idiot, that basically says every game you don't win you need to change the formation of line up.

Here is an idea Tactics. How about you work out what system or systems you want to use, what formation and pick the players best suited to it. Then you make changes based on fitness and form.

Oh and between games you could work on things like oh I don't know maybe attacking set plays, defending set pieces, taking them oh and you know.... defending!

It's kind of what managers and thei coaching staff do. 

It might prove more successful than your managerial top trumps approach where you keep trying a different set up each week hoping you stumble on a win.

Complete clown.

His tactics weren't too bad last season when he pulled us out of trouble. I still say our three best players last season plus the one leader we had all leaving the club has left a huge hole to fill. I believe it is going to take longer than 8 games. All this knee jerk reactions does nobody any good.

Wake up, smell the coffee, open your eyes etc etc.

It is not getting better while we have a complete moron for a manager.

Truth be told it was Benteke who saved us last season.

But would he have saved us if Lambert had of stayed. Sherwood deserves some credit for getting the best out of Benteke.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

If we got what we deserved on the opening day Sherwood would be gone by now.

You could counter balance that by saying we deserved to beat Sunderland and get at least a point from Leicester and Palace. Nine times out of ten over a long period of games the points total is generally what you deserve which is why come the end of the season the table doesn't lie.

It all comes back to the crux of all this which is whether you believe the amount of games we have played with this group of players is long enough to make a judgement on the manager. Personally I am not sure that it is but it matters little what me or any other fans thinks for that matter. Lerner and Fox will make that call but I don't believe they will for a second think he has yet been given long enough, given the huge turn over in players, to allow them to judge him and make such a massive decision. That situation can quickly change though and I'd imagine if we are here in three weeks and have suffered two more defeats then he could well be in danger of the push.

No we didn't.

Adovcaat changed the game and a point was all we deserved because Sherwood didn't react and Leicester, we deserved to lose because of Sherwood's subs.

I disagree. I thought we were very good against Sunderland and on balance deserved to win. Against Palace an individual error cost us a point and it could be argued like wise against Leicester although the subs as you say were wrong. Like I said though over a long period of games you get what you deserve and after 8 games we have 4 points which is is for me what we deserve and the bottom line is that is nowhere near good enough. If someone wants to argue we should really have three and someone else thinks we should have five it matters very little.

If we got what we deserved on the opening day Sherwood would be gone by now.

You could counter balance that by saying we deserved to beat Sunderland and get at least a point from Leicester and Palace. Nine times out of ten over a long period of games the points total is generally what you deserve which is why come the end of the season the table doesn't lie.

It all comes back to the crux of all this which is whether you believe the amount of games we have played with this group of players is long enough to make a judgement on the manager. Personally I am not sure that it is but it matters little what me or any other fans thinks for that matter. Lerner and Fox will make that call but I don't believe they will for a second think he has yet been given long enough, given the huge turn over in players, to allow them to judge him and make such a massive decision. That situation can quickly change though and I'd imagine if we are here in three weeks and have suffered two more defeats then he could well be in danger of the push.

No we didn't.

Adovcaat changed the game and a point was all we deserved because Sherwood didn't react and Leicester, we deserved to lose because of Sherwood's subs.

I disagree. I thought we were very good against Sunderland and on balance deserved to win. Against Palace an individual error cost us a point and it could be argued like wise against Leicester although the subs as you say were wrong. Like I said though over a long period of games you get what you deserve and after 8 games we have 4 points which is is for me what we deserve and the bottom line is that is nowhere near good enough. If someone wants to argue we should really have three and someone else thinks we should have five it matters very little.

For me, it isn't even about what we deserved.

If we didn't have a brainless idiot for a manager, we'd have at least 10 points and nobody would be having this conversation.

Losing Benteke, Delph and Vlaar has had a big impact. Our midfield doesn't have the dynamism that Delph brought, and we all know about Benteke. Vlaar had his ups and downs but was at least a solid enough performer and, importantly, knew how to defend. Our replacements aren't as good (so far, at least) and the results prove it. We have a stronger squad overall but the spine is weak and that is what will do us in, that and Sherwood's bad decisions.

But would he have saved us if Lambert had of stayed. Sherwood deserves some credit for getting the best out of Benteke.

Benteke is a brilliant player I don't think it takes Sherwood to get the best out of him. Lambert did on many occasions, as I'm sure most managers would.

Benteke is a brilliant player I don't think it takes Sherwood to get the best out of him. Lambert did on many occasions, as I'm sure most managers would.

He didn't last season though did he. In fact he dropped him to the bench and tried to bring in Lambert on loan.

• Like 1

He didn't last season though did he. In fact he dropped him to the bench and tried to bring in Lambert on loan.

You picked out part of one season in isolation though. Useless said on "many occasions" and he is right.

You could say that Lambert dropping him from the team is what gave him the kick-start, that he needed to find his form again. I don't think that's what happened but a fully fit Benteke is going to be a threat whoever is in charge. Doesn't really matter anyway as it's all pretty irrelevant to the bad job that Sherwood is doing this season

• Like 1

I don't think there's anyone around who can manage this ship effectively.

I don't think there's anyone around who can manage this ship effectively.

We may never get one. But certainly a Koeman type could manage this team effectively. We have gone in completely the wrong direction with managers. Lambert was a good shout, but obviously in the long term didn't turn out how we envisaged.

• Like 2

No mention of Sherwood on MOTD2Extra.......

Isn't that indicative of the club we are now though? We've been so shit, for so long - even Villa fans can't be bothered with this crap anymore let alone the London and Manchester biased media.

• Like 1

Â