The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He does seem to be flapping and appears to have lost any playing identity he began with. Yesterday's commentator was more tactically astute and picked out all the dangerous areas for us as we played - something Tim could not see. This is different to Lambert, it's Tim's squad. I hate to say this, but we really must admit that we need to consolidate and go for Big Sam - we are desperate for a steady hand at the wheel - Sam has oodles of experience and we need that until Randy can get us sold and we can look again at something more adventurous.

Honestly people still willing to give him a chance and hoping he'll turn things around are deadset living in a dream world.  I think the writing was on the wall late last year, as soon as his new manager bounce expired (frankly we'd have improved regardless of who came in as manager) he proved just how out of his depth he was as a manager in this league.

I've always said he is almost certainly a great U21 coach, but manager / first team coach, no way.

Given the games we have coming up, we could well go into November with 4 or 5 points, frightening.

Everything Sherwood has done so far this season proves beyond a shadow of a doubt he is not fit to manage this club and will take us down if not removed in the next week or two.  We are getting worse and worse with each game, he refuses to take any ownership whatsoever, tactically he has proven beyond a doubt he is naive at best, absolutely clueless at worst.  He seems he has stacked the coaching ranks with mates who are either equally as clueless or simply beholden to him and not able to get their opinions across to him.

Time is not going to help him, that much is very very obvious.  Things will only get worse as the deeper we get into the mire the more of his depth he becomes, and from recent comments he'll just start blaming players, who will then just stop playing for him altogether.  

Sadly the promoted teams have started well, Sunderland will make a change soon, I think we'll be down before the club acts.  

Levy was smart enough to cut him lose at Spurs before he caused any real damage there, I just hope Fox is smart / brave enough to act quickly.

• Like 3

It would mean Fox admitting a rather big mistake, I'm not so sure he will be eager to do that.

I don't see it as a mistake.

He was as good a choice as anyone at the time. A lot of these managers that have been mentioned on this thread are just as big a gamble. I think that with the exception of Allerdyce, there isn't a manager out there that I'd be confident of getting us another 35 points this season. And we all know the price to pay by having him in charge.

I am now genuinely worried about this season. Tim has talked about a loosing mentality and being used to loosing in the past-Its just what this side look like. They've picked up from where they left off last season.

Tim labelled last season's squad as losers, but now his new squad is losing too - it is not a gypsy curse on villa park, it is a succession of managers who are either not good enough or lacked experience at this level. Big Sam apparently is in Sunderland's sights, right now he is the one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind and we need his dull brand of football, badly.

It would mean Fox admitting a rather big mistake, I'm not so sure he will be eager to do that.

I don't see it as a mistake.

He was as good a choice as anyone at the time. A lot of these managers that have been mentioned on this thread are just as big a gamble. I think that with the exception of Allerdyce, there isn't a manager out there that I'd be confident of getting us another 35 points this season. And we all know the price to pay by having him in charge.

I am now genuinely worried about this season. Tim has talked about a loosing mentality and being used to loosing in the past-Its just what this side look like. They've picked up from where they left off last season.

As a short term pick me up maybe but as the man to rebuild and take us forward on a long fat contract it was a huge mistake in my view.

• Like 3

His lineups are what gets my goat.

If you're going to go for a def linup then that's fine, if your're going to go for an attacking lineup that's fine too but to set up a midfield to defend while playing 3 forwards is just stupid. Yet again TS done this on Sat. We had no1 to link up the midfield to the forwards. No1.

Well this is a bit embarrassing. I still want to give him until December, but yesterday was shocking. That game was there for the taking, Stoke were really very poor indeed, and we looked clueless, and seemed to be playing 2 right backs in the first half.

More concerning for me was the fact that Sherwood hardly moved from his chair and sat there with his hands in his pockets like a grumpy school kid.......I can only imagine he read this thread before the game. Players look to their manager for inspiration, and sitting around doing nothing is simply not good enough ! They and we deserve better.

Coming up we have Chelsea (A), Swansea (H), Spurs (A), Man City (H), Everton (A), Watford (H), i'm usually pretty optimistic, but i am looking at those fixtures and wondering where the points will come !

Well this is a bit embarrassing. I still want to give him until December, but yesterday was shocking. That game was there for the taking, Stoke were really very poor indeed, and we looked clueless, and seemed to be playing 2 right backs in the first half.

More concerning for me was the fact that Sherwood hardly moved from his chair and sat there with his hands in his pockets like a grumpy school kid.......I can only imagine he read this thread before the game. Players look to their manager for inspiration, and sitting around doing nothing is simply not good enough ! They and we deserve better.

Coming up we have Chelsea (A), Swansea (H), Spurs (A), Man City (H), Everton (A), Watford (H), i'm usually pretty optimistic, but i am looking at those fixtures and wondering where the points will come !

Your post reads like you wanted to start out being positive by giving him until December, yet by the end of it you couldn't find anything positive. :)

• Like 1

What a difference a few weeks make - from the comments on here and other fan sites, as well as social media, it appears there's been an almighty adverse swing in support for TS.

No longer is he the messiah and I can't imagine it will be long until the crowd turns entirely on him along with the dressing room.

The problem for TS is, the fans are right - the results and performances are not good enough and his 'mini-mourinho' protestations and glib post match remarks do not inspire sympathy or confidence in his position.

He's lost the fanbase, lost the plot and fingers crossed, loses his job (probably the only thing he won't lose this season!)

I agree. Once again those making the choices will allow the club to suffer so they are not shown to be wrong, and it'll be too late by the time he goes.

A quote that shows just how naïve and stupid he is...

"We are trying to find the right. You can't persevere with a team that hasn't won.

You have to keep jigging it around and find the right solution"

Taken from th OS.

The man is an idiot, that basically says every game you don't win you need to change the formation of line up.

Here is an idea Tactics. How about you work out what system or systems you want to use, what formation and pick the players best suited to it. Then you make changes based on fitness and form.

Oh and between games you could work on things like oh I don't know maybe attacking set plays, defending set pieces, taking them oh and you know.... defending!

It's kind of what managers and thei coaching staff do. 

It might prove more successful than your managerial top trumps approach where you keep trying a different set up each week hoping you stumble on a win.

Complete clown.

Really kind of sums him up well, clueless and now just desperately throwing darts at a board hoping something works.  

For me the Leicester game really proved how limited he is as a manager.  Started with the right team and tactics, got the upper hand and got infront, then failed to deal with changes from the opposition, worse still he failed to take ownership for the loss.

Your post reads like you wanted to start out being positive by giving him until December, yet by the end of it you couldn't find anything positive. :)

In the words of Inspiral Carpets "This is how it feels to be lonely" !

I made a point of trying to be positive the last few weeks, but the dip in our performances since the Leicester game has gotten totally out of hand.

Perhaps Sherwood is too emotional to be a manager ? I thought it was good that the manager seemed to be as affected by results as we are, but now i'm thinking he might be a manic depressive and end up found in his car in the woods with shotgun wounds to his head.

If this carries on i might join him.

• Like 1

Â