Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

our fan base being what they are wont ever agree with it but he's not better than gabby

I agree with this. People can criticise Gabby, and I know I have done, but he's not quite as rubbish as Sinclair. I remember feeling weird after the Notts Co game. It was a strange feeling. I was sort of trying not to say anything to other people, but in my head I was going, 'wasn't that a strangely shit performance for a guy who's taken home the match ball?' I put it to the back of my mind, and the Sunderland game made me think I was mistaken, but I actually think I was right first time. 

He's just not very good, is he?

our fan base being what they are wont ever agree with it but he's not better than gabby

I agree with this. People can criticise Gabby, and I know I have done, but he's not quite as rubbish as Sinclair. I remember feeling weird after the Notts Co game. It was a strange feeling. I was sort of trying not to say anything to other people, but in my head I was going, 'wasn't that a strangely shit performance for a guy who's taken home the match ball?' I put it to the back of my mind, and the Sunderland game made me think I was mistaken, but I actually think I was right first time. 

He's just not very good, is he?

Comparing two turds means you are still looking at two turds. 

I'd actually say Sinclair, when he's playing like this, isn't even as effective as Gabby, as at least Gabby can sometimes put himself about and work the opposition more. Sinclair is clearly the more clinical finisher, but he's a lot more lightweight and like Gabby, seems to love running into no man's land.

He looks every bit a £2.5m player.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

He's awful.  I've never seen a winger/forward not even attempt to take a man on as often as he does.  As soon he has the ball and has a defender anywhere near him, he puts his foot on the ball and turns round.  Every time.  Gestede beat more men than he did on Saturday, and that's saying something.  Waste of a shirt.  On Saturday we should have gone 4-3-3 with Grealish and Gil behind Gestede.  They could pull out wide and try to play balls up to that donkey Gestede.

• Like 1

We have players with on their moment they can look good.....but they all lack an ingredient called aggression.

If you watch the moment when Saido Mane went round Gary Cahill during the Chelsea v Southampton game ..... you will know exactly what I mean.

When was the last time we had any player exert that kind of aggression in their play?

Its not the skills that are missing at Villa......Its the application & attitude.

Sinclair is a pretty good Championship player and no more. He has little bottle and flatters to deceive as he has proved throughout his career,at his peak with Swansea he couldn't move quickly enough to the PL with only one thought,£SD whether he played or not he didn't care. A loser.

I actually think his movement is good - he was constantly making smart runs against Stoke, and was often picked out, but then didn't take anyone on.  Seems to be more of a confidence thing than him "being shit".

Well lightweight yes but he is obviously not slow. He definitely isn't confident and that's what is causing him to slow things down when in good positions and invariably lose it. It's strange because as a youngster he was a real bag of tricks but I am sure that player is long gone.

To state the obvious he was/is in the team because he gets himself into good positions which results in him getting chances in many if not every game. That he hasn't converted a few of them has cost us dear.

I'd agree that he offers little else at the moment and we are carrying him because of that box threat which he (and virtually no one else) provides. It's probably fair to say we can't afford to carry anyone at the moment and Ayew is more deserving of a chance.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Â