Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

2 hours ago, limpid said:

Except that Chase and Bainbridge have won it previously.

Different competition I think, after a quick google.

But anyway, I'm just going by what they told us on the tour.

Regardless, it was nice!

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Different competition I think, after a quick google.

But anyway, I'm just going by what they told us on the tour.

Regardless, it was nice!

http://www.worldvodkaawards.com/2015/ (click 2014 in the left panel too)

Adams won "best varietal" for their Barley vodka in 2015. Bainbridge won "best vodka" in 2014, but that's as far back as their website goes. You are correct that there may be other awards though.

I think the one they were talking about was "The International Wine & Spirit Competition". I can't say I'm in anyway up to speed on the legitimacy of Spirit competitions, but that's the one they mention on their website.

vodka and rum are the only spirits I can drink neat, my mate once bought me a bottle of whiskey from a small distillery in Scotland worth over hundred quid and tasted like cilit bang.

Edited by Jimzk5

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

vodka and rum are the only spirits I can drink neat, my mate once bought me a bottle of whiskey from a small distillery in Scotland worth over hundred quid and tasted like cilit bang.

If you've still got it, can I have it? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:
1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

If you've still got it, can I have it? 

You get get it at most supermarkets.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 08/02/2016 at 17:26, Jimzk5 said:

cant do vodka or rum neat, but a good whiskey i love neat.

• 2 weeks later...

Since this is the thread about things we don't get and the subject is alcoholic drinks I'll just say this: I don't get alcohol. Pretty much every alcoholic drink I've ever tried (and I've tried quite a wide range over the years) taste horrible and the stuff with coke or lemonade or whatever is pointless because I could just have those things on their own without the downside of getting drunk (which I also don't get the appeal of). Literally the only thing I'll drink is a tiny bit of white wine at occasions and even then that's only if it's free. I don't care about other people drinking by the way (although people who can't handle their drink can be annoying), I've just never "got" it.

For the record, my parents weren't particularly strict or excessively liberal with alcohol when I was growing up so I have no idea what caused it.

Edited by Mantis

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

without the downside of getting drunk

Wait ... What , there's a downside to getting drunk ?? ... tell that to every fat chick that's ever been laid after a night out on broad street 

Â