Tom Fox

Cracker1234

16 hours ago, Arj Guy said:

If we finish bottom will it still have been an excellent window?! This is getting ridiculous now

I am just saying, I thought it was an excellent window and I remember most posters did too, now suddenly everyone is saying it was a poor window. What is ridiculous about stating what I had said. Past tense, Arj. And an opinion, as I am entitled to have had at that time.

You may well be correct, but I have not given up on them yet.

16 hours ago, Woodytom said:

People were beyond belief in optimism.

Banging on about Veretout outshining Pogba in one game, probably a game that nobody watched. Totally oblivious to the fact that Pogba has outshone him 100 fold since when/where it matters.

It was similar the window we signed bacuna etc. Like usual, anyone with any doubt was criticised for being negative when actually they'd just looked at reality and realised that the chances are, some complete unheard of from Denmark, is more likely to be shite than the Danish ibrahimovic.

The players have been mismanaged terribly so far. It wouldn't shock me to see them all go on to have great careers once we sell them and buy league two players after we get relegated.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I am just saying, I thought it was an excellent window and I remember most posters did too, now suddenly everyone is saying it was a poor window. What is ridiculous about stating what I had said. Past tense, Arj. And an opinion, as I am entitled to have had at that time.

You may well be correct, but I have not given up on them yet.

My bad I misread your post

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I think that's what we're all hoping has happened.

Let's be honest though, they are hardly showing even glimpses of being good players.

worse than that, i can excuse not being good enough, i cant excuse not caring and not putting a shift in

saturday was the latter IMO so has over half of our performances so far this season, baggies at home for example, their goal, amavi losing a 50/50 on the edge of our box is nothing to do with being a good player, its not wanting it as much as their player did, unforgivable, we are a damp squib happily accepting our fate because its the easier option

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

we are a damp squib happily accepting our fate because its the easier option

Absolutely.

And what makes it worse in my opinion is how we make it easier for them.

This 'buck stops with the manager' attitude that spreads across football has got beyond a joke if you ask me.

The sheer mention of turning on the players is met with shock and ridicule. 

Now, I'm not for one minute wanting to attend villa park and be part of a hostile crowd towards the players but hang on a minute............

Your on what, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 thousand pounds a week son? You're going to well **** earn it. If only by showing us the respect we deserve. 

Edited by Woodytom

Whilst I don't disagree that the players deserve some of the blame, the Manager does have a huge part to play in their motivation.

A good manager should be able to motivate his team no matter what they are paid.

It remains to be seen whether Garde can do that.

• Like 1

Never saw what some others have seen in him and have said so.

Sherwood appointment has killed this club along with the money ball philosophy when buying players in the summer.

He will have played a big part in our demise

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Never saw what some others have seen in him and have said so.

Sherwood appointment has killed this club along with the money ball philosophy when buying players in the summer.

He will have played a big part in our demise

Fox was considered successful at Arsenal, but he had resources there. He has **** all at Villa, and that's down to the owner.

Edited by maqroll

13 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He was a success at arsenal in a completely different role. Ridiculous decision to have him running this club.

I think it's more of a "team", all taking their cue from Lerner. Fox, Almstadt, Reilly, Garde. Everything starts and stops with Lerner. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â