Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

I have defended him in the past.......OMG

he was turgid

how players can vary in degrees of form from game to game is mind boggling.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, poitier said:

It was a pretty typical display from him today, but we certainly don't help ourselves. Playing the ball back to him on the edge of our own box when he has a man on him is asking for trouble.

You are right......but I'm not defending him today

i don't have the will to defend any one of them.

There is a time in every match when Sanchez just gives in to the demons. The demons that are telling him to pass to the opposition. And once that happens, he doesn't really recover and needs to be exorcised by way of a substitution. I'm not sure he's worth the risk because he costs the team goals. 

Yesterday the defence was like playing FIFA against a player who thinks he's playing on Legacy defending, but is actually on Tactical. Watford surprised themselves with how easily they could dance between the two central defenders, with Sanchez playing the mamba.

Villa had 81.4% pass completion. Watford had 59.5%. Sanchez or no Sanchez, the difference in quality is big and the loss should be attributed to the defense that couldn't sustain a straight line and was all over the place.

Edited by momo

6 minutes ago, momo said:

Villa had 81.4% pass completion. Watford had 59.5%. Sanchez or no Sanchez, the difference in quality is big and the loss should be attributed to the defense that couldn't sustain a straight line and was all over the place.

Don't know why you're posting pass completion to show difference in quality?

One team is playing 451 at home...and the other is playing 442 away. that pass completion has nothing to do with quality. Just different styles on how to win a game. Only natural for the direct team to have lower pass completion probably

Edit: can't tell if I misread your post or not

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gharperr said:

Don't know why you're posting pass completion to show difference in quality?

One team is playing 451 at home...and the other is playing 442 away. that pass completion has nothing to do with quality. Just different styles on how to win a game. Only natural for the direct team to have lower pass completion probably

Edit: can't tell if I misread your post or not

You could easily say that 4-5-1 was a 4-3-3 when we were attacking...

Â