Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

• 2 weeks later...

Well actually Sanchez had the best tackle average in the squad last season (a season in which he was well off the pace I might add) and has the third best so far this season. Even if we were to sign an upgrade in that position, I'd rather have Sanchez as the guy to compete with/cover for whoever that would be as opposed to the 'other' option.

• Like 2

Well actually Sanchez had the best tackle average in the squad last season (a season in which he was well off the pace I might add) and has the third best so far this season. Even if we were to sign an upgrade in that position, I'd rather have Sanchez as the guy to compete with/cover for whoever that would be as opposed to the 'other' option.

Watch him against Sturridge for his first goal (yes, managed to get it in here!) - it's **** awful.  In fact, it's worse than **** awful. That's his problem, generally does "ok" but makes huge mistakes and can't last a game.

(Who are the people with better "tackle averages" by the way?  Amavi and Richards or...?)

He was unfortunate not to get a any real preseason (again) this summer. His stamina suffers early in the season as a result. I do accept his deficiencies but I still feel he has a good defensive reading overall. I agree with Wainy, he is an automatic choice to be the holding midfielder within a three. 

As for the tackle stats, Amavi is currently the best in the squad averaging 4.3-per-game followed by Gueye with 4-per-game.

Â